Jan 30, 2009

Wagyu Think?

Well a few days in and here I am, ready to admit I have been wrong. First things first, baby (unless you ARE a baby not yet born). He is closing down Guantanamo Bay (he doesn't have a plan for the detainees there, but don't worry, he's got a whole year..details detail details, sheesh!), enabling funding for international pro-abortion groups because we need to provide freebie choices all around (unless you ARE a baby not yet born), sitting down for his first presidential interview with Al-Arabiya television (nobody saw that coming), seeing his $819 stimulus bill through, all followed by a modest little celebratory cocktail party serving $100 per serving wagyu delicacy. I knew he'd come through with his ever-humble and sacrificial ways.

I think overall it's a nice start, I haven't been disappointed. And Nancy Pelosi was so gracious this week when she so rightly announced to the Republicans that 'hey, y'all LOST. So nanananana, we're the boss of you...'! Nice.

*I'm bringing back the Hurdy Gurdy Man this week, he's that special.

7 Comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

For a minute I didn't have a clue what you were talking about...then I realized it was about the president. Hey, I'm Canadian so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. LOL
Have a great weekend my friend!
Mwuah!

Wendy said...

And don't forget about appointing lobbyists, though he promised not to.

Then there's also complaining about the press asking him questions, poking jabs at DC for closing schools because of ice, but keeping his office thermostat at seventy-two...you know, just your basic non-hypocrisy.

Stacey said...

Ohhh I almost did mention the school closings, how fun it was that he used his little girls to make his 'jab'....yes it's going to be a good four years, no?

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Yep, now that he's elected we need to just leave childish things like expecting the economy to improve under his presidency behind. He's pretty much said so. Um, now that he's elected anyway.

I will say this, though: With a Democratic majority, I have more hope that national legislation will be passed against the abusive use of seclusion rooms and restraints in public schools.

Unfortunately, as a homeschool mom, I also fear that a Democratic majority is going to equal "bad news" for those of us trying to escape public schools. :[

Stacey said...

Yes, Mrs. C, I know this has been something you're very involved with, let's hope dem or rep, no matter, this sort of in-school treatment is ended righ away. I believe the right to 'get away' from our public schools is so very important. I will be the first in line to fight for that right should this come to fruition.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey! Girl, you always got something to say and I love that about you. Yes, it is going to be an 'interesting' four years, and let's just pray that it is only four. That he messes things up so royally (hopefully without any real casualties) and that the American public wakes up and throws the guy and all his loud mouth rude colleagues out of office. Yes, Nancy, she's a piece of work eh? On that lovely note, I want to let you know about a church we've attended a few times that I think you might want to give a try. Raintree Community Church, a really nice vibe there but very biblically sound. We've been three times and even Robert liked it, so that's a big step for us. Take care and God Bless! ~Michele

Angela Williams Duea said...

Sigh. Now I'm going to have to go google "Wagyu" and see what it is. Is it related to "Kudzu"?