Feb 25, 2008

Colorful Candidates and Age Spotted Heads

Okay so it can't be all about the hair....because, sigh, if it were, then it would be all about thin white whispy old man hair atop an age-spotted scalp. So there's nothing left to do but come up with another slogan. Slogans don't come as easily to me as they did to Darrin Stevens (Dick York, the first Darrin, yeah I did notice!). But then if I had Samantha around, I might be better at it too!


Okay so what to go with, what to go with....it's all about the war hero? Yeah, maybe. It's all about the old guy? The age spots? Hmmm....about the only thing I can conjure is this: It's all about the guy whose wife has the freaky deakiest looking eyes I've ever seen! It's just going to have to work for me, period.


Speaking of exasperating, I'm getting a lot sick and tired of hearing about the black candidate. I might be out to lunch sometimes, but I do know a white momma when I see one. Aww I hate to say this, but if Obama is black then....Obama is white! He is! At least, he's as white as he is black. If I had married a black man, had a child who ran for President of the United States, I'd be hurt if I had to hear all the black hoopla day in and day out.

It sounds kind of schoolgirl-ish naieve, but here's my opinion: He's American...I think. The names trip me up, but yeah, I think he's American. I know he's kind of fun to have around, I don't think I've ever seen Hillary come so unhinged so many times in such a short time. I may start calling her red. But not all red, she gets pale and pasty underneath the red splotches. Her eyes are red, though. When she cries anyway. So yeah, Hillary is red. Mostly.

11 Comments:

Jenny86753oh9 said...

I don't know half the people you're talking about and call me a cavewoman but I didn't know Obama had a white momma! Geez...that's so embarrassing.

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

Seriously, I have to keep this short. It looks like I need to run over to Jen/Gi's and pull an all nighter discussing the fact that it's an election year (and a leap year and we can't forget the summer olympics)!

Hillary scares me. I think the volume she has in her hair is created by trying to cover up the horns growing out of her head. Oops, was that a little two harsh?

Obama, well, I really haven't been able to wrap my brain around it yet.

Johnny boy, needs to go to the same plastic pro that does his wifes face! Look at that picture ... I'm telling you it would make quite the diff.

K, I'm off to post my own political blogginess!

Sharon Sews said...

Yea, I'm with ya on the Hillary thing... it's pretty funny to watch her get so riled up. On the other hand - oh never mind, I'm sticking to sewing not politics.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

THANK YOU for posting the pic of Obama and his Mama! You are 100% right that he's just as white as he is black. So everyone just needs to drop that issue.

I must admit - and don't shun me, Stacey-Girl, because I've always been a Republican tried and true - but Obama is growing on me. I'd sure rather have him in the Oval Office than Billary!

Laura Paxton said...

I am trying to stay out of politics this time around...'cause they just make me mad....

...so, to change the subject....you're IT! come see!

Angela Williams Duea said...

Yeah, those are some freaky deaky eyes. As a matter of fact, her skin looks pretty tight. Can she smile?

D... said...

I have no clue who the top photos are of. However, I certainly know Obama and his white mama. I wonder how she feels about all this hoopla over his race? My feelings would be hurt. I'd want him to proudly claim BOTH races.

Jim and Jami said...

Well, we both know, as well as anyone that has visited the Circus, how I feel about Hillary.....I would vote for Obama, only in the primary, just to keep her from getting the win in Texas. And are we really sure she is a woman, hmmmmm, idk?

oh and ms. can't be wrong, I think she DOES have horns, don't feel bad about stating the truth, sometimes it just has to be said!

Cathi said...

Okay Stacey, this post is fabulous! You have put EVERYTHING I have been thinking in a nut shell! You know, Halle Berry's mom is white also. She never mentioned her mother's color when she won her Academy Award.
I was telling my NY last night how Cindy McCain's eyes give me the eeby jeebies. They remind me of an Alaskan Malamute. She kinda looks right through you without making a connection. First Lady? Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I was here yesterday and read this, but got distracted by the kidlets.

I am SO sick of all the hoopla with ALL the candidates. I can't wait for this (and all) election(s) to be over. The signs, the media, the OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money completely wasted. Don't they know what GOOD they could accomplish with the money they just handed the media? OY!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Ron Paul for President!

OK, please don't wake me up. I don't know what on earth I'm going to do on election day if my choices are McCain and Obama/Clinton.

I did see a Cheney/Satan bumper sticker though. Maybe that would be a more palatable ticket??