Jan 30, 2008

You'll Want To Be Seen With Me

Once again, my political muscle is showing. I got another personal email, and this one is from Senator Ted Kennedy. I opened my inbox and nearly dropped my jug of Wild Turkey on the floor! Here's what he said:

Dear Stacey, (he called me STACEY!)

When I endorsed Barack Obama on Monday, I was also endorsing a candidate with the power to transform America.
As President Kennedy said in 1960, "It is time for a new generation of leadership."

This campaign is about a new generation of leadership today. A generation ready to be part of something bigger than themselves. A generation ready to change the country, and a generation ready to change the world.

I'm doing everything I can to elect Barack Obama. With less than a week before my state and 21 others make their voices heard, there is no time to lose.

Please join me by making a $50 donation now:......(and on it went)
So of course I knew I had to respond. What! though. What could I possible say to Senator Kennedy that would even be worthy? Thinking, tapping finger pads on desk...thinking.....
I mean thinking in earnest!

And it came to me just like that. So I wrote back, and this is what I said:

Dear Ted, (He'll like that, keeps us both on a personal level)

When you endorsed Barack Obama on Monday, it sure did help him out on Tuesday! Hey, Ted, since you and I are clearly new buds, I wonder if you'd mind helping me out? As long as you're sober reaching out, I wonder if you'd come by Lee's Summit. Tell our town why YOU support
building Legoland right in the middle of our town. I'd sure appreciate finally getting rid ofthe opportunity to turn my hometown into a Legoland empire!
Regards,
Your Friend Stacey

You can send donations my way. I'll accept currency under $50. Heck I take pocket change.


8 Comments:

Angela Williams Duea said...

Can I add a P.S.? I don't know anything about Legoland, but since you and Ted are buds, maybe you can help me lobby for...I dunno...more Wild Turkey? Or, um, world peace. Definitely world peace.

Angela Williams Duea said...

No, I've got it now. You know how they started putting fluoride in drinking water for the public health? How bout you lobby Ted to put Prozac into the water for the good of all?* Cuz people are crabby, man.

*not that I would denigrate or make light of anyone in real depression who needs Prozac. I was just making a joke. And no, I don't think depressed people are funny.

OK, I'm leaving now.

Anonymous said...

There you go then, I didn't have you pegged as a lobbyist!
Cheers

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Ok...I'm trying to recover from Angela's comments!!

You are so stinking quick witted when you're hangin' with the boys in suits. That's probably why they write you so much!

Jim and Jami said...

Maybe Ted, let's keep it on a personal level, should have endorsed you instead of Barack Obama, because you can smell, I mean spot Bull Crap a thousand miles away.....

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

Stacey for Prez! Foshizzle!




Wow, I think I just scared myself with that one!

Anonymous said...

oh Legoland! Well, why didn't you tell me sooner!! Do you have room in your house for seven visitors? :)

ConservaChick said...

You always make me laugh! "I opened my inbox and nearly dropped my jug of Wild Turkey on the floor!" HA! THIS is why I love you!

Hmm Legoland, always wanted to go. What a BAD friend I am. ~K