Jun 21, 2007

On Birthdays, Legos and Math

Ohhh one of those mornings--I woke up sore ALL over, and later than I should judging from the pile of typing on my desk that despite my best efforts to coax it, just will NOT type itself! I'm getting older, I feel 40 coming on. All this soreness because I timed the first half of the swim meet last night and most of the second half (I almost sneaked by before they snagged me again--I'm just THAT good...or they were short help, either way). Okay....first things first, it's my BFF Kelly's Birthday today--
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY GIRL!!! She was supposed to come do linner with me (you know, eat around three or four) but her 'prin see paul' called and she ditched me. (that's my best high and mighty enunciation I can do for Principal {not ple, a Principal is our Pal}). Kelly's a pretty famous school teacher in St. Joseph, so when the P-Pal wants to take her for lunch, she goes...she's pretty tight with the Superintendent as well I hear. One day maybe Kelly will let me tell you she was a very very wild wild wild girl in high school--could swing with the good girls and the parking lot at lunch girls. But I can't tell you that because I didn't ask. So she'll come next week or I'll go, whichever way it works to be.
Summer Mom--I read your comment from this morning (see previous post) and I'm quite glad you enjoyed my Rant in the
LS Journal! I couldn't let that mean lady say those things without hearing from me! Please email and tell me who you are, I can't figure it out--and right now, all I have is an image of Gladys Kravitz reading the paper, husband fast asleep and, well, you know..."Abner...Abner WAKE UP!", lol. Whoever you are, because you agree with me on the Legoland issue, I like you. I think we should hold a rally at the postponed council meeting--bring our Legos with us, dump them in the parking lot and see how long it'll take our mayor to navigate outta there! Oooh I feel a Lego rally coming on here--let's do it!

Click the Face again if you have time. I'm a Top Mommma! I'm facing a very icky day and don't wanna be booted yet (may already be, idk). Finally, I need to get to the typing, so in honor of my Kelly Girl's birthday, I have a little math ditty for you (thanks Sandra and sorry ahead of time for the naughty words at the bottom ((no pun intended thar!)) )

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life? Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:
If: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26. Then: H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98% and K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96% But , A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100% And, B-U-%-L-S-*-&-T 2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103% AND, look how far ass kissing will take you. A-*-#-K-I-S-S-I-N-G 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118% So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the Bul*&^#t and A$# kissing that will put you over the top.

(knowing look)

4 Comments:

Cat said...

LOL this was good girl.

Yeah I was wondering who Summermom was also.

gonna go read your rant now though. LOL

Anonymous said...

What a well-written letter to the editor! You've got to stand up for yourself, and you did - and did a great job! I obviously don't know all the details about the plans to build up your area, but we have a ton of construction and "building up" in our area right now, and it's horrendous trying to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time.

You go girl! And happy birthday to your pal!

Jane, P&B Girls

Katie said...

It always bugs me when people say 110%, now I know why a$$ kissing and bull$hit! I love it!

Thanks for your prayers regarding finding a church. It's not all bad, friend wise for the boys, but they did lose a couple of friends. It was kids that I'm not friends with the parents, so there was never any occasion for the boys to get together. School was what bonded them. Unfortunately all my friends have girls Billy's age. In a few years that might be appealing to him but right now he wants a buddy who likes to work on cars and tear old bikes apart.
It will all work out, it might take some effort on my part, but ti will be ok.

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Dang, Gidge!!!! Go get 'em! So you're not just spunky in blogland, but in RL!! You rock! When are we all getting together?

Can't get the stinkin' topmama site to come up!!!