Oct 26, 2007

Happy Birthday You Sassy Gal! / And Awards Day!

I received this in my inbox today.....

Dear Stacey,

Here's one of my favorite stories about celebrating Hillary's birthday. It was her first birthday as First Lady. After all the talk of her changing hairstyles during the campaign, the staff thought it would be funny to surprise her by dressing up as different "Hillarys" -- there was Headband Hillary, Campaign Hillary, Lawyer Hillary, Short-Hair Hillary. I was the 1992 Democratic Convention Hillary -- with the sassy haircut. This year, I hope we'll start a new tradition: sharing birthday wishes from thousands upon thousands of her supporters. Will you help me get this started by sending Hillary your birthday message today?
I I liked that! Yes I thought about it and I thought--uh ye-ah. Sassy hair and head bands, that's the whimsy Hillary I know! I got so excited I even added some images to match the note. I present to you....
Sassy Hillary
(Little Willy's Gal!)


And I went to sign that card...you know, to be nice and stuff. It started with:
Dear Hillary, maybe don't run. Maybe it's time. To bake those cookies! Yes you can! ...then give him something warm to cling to when nights. are cold and lonely. Stand by your...
Now I'm scared. I need a place to hole up for awhile. I'll be up, Dawn!

*It only seems right in honor of the festivities that I edit this post to show you what I'll be adding to my trophy case this week. I'm all about that trophy case, you know this. I'm certain there's a psychological name for bloggers who collect awards with such childish excitement, but I'm not sure what. Do. Not. Care. Lookey here!:
From Bridget my all time favorite Wordless Wednesday pal, two awards:

The Friendly Site Award (bet she's wishing she'd held off until the birthday post, but she's been around long enough to know I HAD to do one!) Okay, this is easy...I give this one to Trinity (oooh as I went over for the hyper I see a surprise--I'll save it for the weekend, it's THAT cool!), Trinity is pretty popular for good reason! Also Shana, she's so dang friendly I think she dreams dreams of baking cookies and driving them over to her friends houses personally! Wish you lived here, Shana. Truly, I do. Finally, Marie--she's a hoot and I'm pretty sure she drives through town with a smile pasted on her beautiful face, giggling with a thought she just has to share with us.

The Mariuca Super Star Award, which symbolizes friends of the originator's ability to lift her up when she needed to be lifted. I think blog friends by in large are like that! This one, no doubt about it, my Texas Best Friend Duo: Bubba's Sis and USO Girl! They lift me when I need it. And they don't realize it but by being amazing friends to each other and showing that support on their blogs, they lift me and everyone else who reads it. It is proof that family is not blood, family is who you love and who loves you (can be blood, but not required!). I'm one of those who has made my family who I love, not blood--and I'm certain God's compassion is what drew me to love my friends like I do.

And Trinity, she blessed me with this one too! Thanks Trinity, you made my day! And I'm sooo excited about the giveway I won--just tell Gi to keep her hands out of my bag, please! (she's mailing these internationally so knowing Gi lives a few hours away and will be up in December, she chose to mail them to GiGi. How Gi got her to go with her scheme, I will never never know, but I will be monitoring this closely!)

Gi, Cat, Cheryl & Dawwwwwn are all four my dear friends (two of them I have been honored to know in person) and they all have put their confidence in our friendship this week in a personal way. And I know I say this a lot, but there's no better friend in the world than a friend who lets a friend BE a friend. And it's an honor to be here for you when you ask me to be. And even when you don't. You are all four dear to me and I'm honored to be your friend.

Okay, I'm darned tuckered out! Hyperlinking isn't my gift. I'm off to shower. I was up late typing and up again early finishing up. For the first time since my father died five years ago I wasn't able to complete all my work by deadline. So...my coordinator, Debbie, being kind like she is, let me carry over without a second's thought. Thank you Debbie!!

13 Comments:

Cat said...

Too funny girl!!!

guess what? I posted!!!!

Take care my dear friend, and thank you for taking Brandon for the day and night.

Love ya girl!

Cat

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO

I'll leave the porch light on for ya.
and I'll even go out and buy us some DD coffee for the occasion.

Except for next week, when I'll be in HELL. No - really. Of course, if you wanna join me there, THAT WOULD TOTALLY ROCK! :)))

Memarie Lane said...

I'm apolitical myself, but those are some great pics.

Anonymous said...

Awww, thank you so much, Stacey. I'm honored to be considered one of your friends! :)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Hey...check your inbox...

So am I the only one confused? You have so many bleepin' awards I couldn't keep track of who gave and who received.

You're like practically the Prom Queen!

..hee, hee...

Shana said...

Another award. For me? Thank-You!! I to probably get a bit to excited about the bling for my sidebar, but I LOVE getting!!!

And girl if I did live closer I so would bring you some cookies. :o)

D... said...

Congrats on your awards!!! Thank you so much for ours. B/S and her family are my family. You are so right that family doesn't always have to be blood.

I'm really happy to know you and I'm really happy to know that I have lifted you when you needed it. That's what friends do.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I am honored by this award! I would like to thank my agent, my hairdresser, USO Girl for being my BFF, and God. You like me! You really like me!

Saw a great bumper sticker today - had a picture of Hillary on it and it said, "Life's a bitch. Don't elect one."

Heh heh.

Seriously thank you for the award and the kind words - D and I love you, too! You can be our BBFF (Bestest Blog Friend Forever!)! Someday you'll have to come to Texas and eat apple pie with us. Then we can watch D's dog dance - his fav song is Raspberry Beret!

Patriot said...

Ha - great pics!

Just came across your blog and wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting - come check it out! Thank you! Have a great weekend!

Trinity said...

Stacey, thank you very much for the friendly site award and all recognition you mention in this post! *hugs*

Congrats you are showered with so much award, dear! :-) You miss my halloween treat award, go grab it and pass it before halloween if you are not busy.. (btw, when is halloween exactly? Oct 30?)

Trinity from Rooms of My Heart

Memarie Lane said...

Finally! Proof that I'm friendly! Thanks Stacey, I think you're pretty durn friendly yourself. ;)

Anonymous said...

Geez... you have made quite a mark in the blog world!! I love it and I am so happy for you. YOU ROCK!! I hope you KNOW that!!
xoxo,
Audrey

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Stacey for your sweet words. I'm so glad we bumped into each other. (I forget who first visited whom!) Thanks for your encouragement and for caring so much about your friends! :)