Aug 10, 2007

Sharon, Welcome To My Jungle!

Sharon tagged me eons and eons ago--it was a sewing tag. And because I almost never get to my room anymore :( I just keep forgetting that darn tag--but Sharon, I am going to show you my room. And I want you to know I haven't packed for tomorrow's big three day trip to Branson--yet here I am past midnight photographing my sewing room because you're that special to me. Not only that, but the first little collage is the route to my room--which explains everything. It's in the farthest, darkest corner of the house. And it is a mess my friend. A true seamstress will gasp in horror, I know.

Pretty please just ignore the walls and stuff in the basement--in the two years we've been here we're moving slowly and haven't gotten to it yet. I'm going to need to finish what I started upstairs first, though.

So, down the stairs, around the corner (past John's 'cave'), turn turn and down a short little hall and there it is! See? There! (click the pic to enlarge them)
This is it. This is my baby, Sharon, and the reason I chose this song today! It's mostly housed on this nice "L" shaped desk I got on Craigslist (I posted that tip on Pattern Review btw). This room is a disaster--kind of had to go back to work on the fly. Then come down to quickly hem something for a friend, whatever, and it piles up. I have the cutting table behind that desk, which as you see is covered with fabric (very sad, I just got the order when I had to start typing again!), an old radio and...paper towels, have no idea why, lol.

Finally, Sharon, this pitiful mess here, this pile of beautiful fabrics all wadded up and shoved on a few shelves (won't show you the Rubbermaid tubs shoved unerneath) is where I shop my stash. You know, just writing this, just being down there, I'm renewing my committment to get down there, clean that up and spend at least one hour a week in that room. I adore that room (when it's clean).
Now....my friend Leslie, my little FAQ, has a contest going on and she's looking for self-portraits. I thought it'd be fun to do that, so here you are, Leslie, this is what my self-portrait looks like.....for today. Tomorrow, it may not be that, girl, I'm a chameleon, no doubt about it! Today, I'm overwhelmed, out of time yet very excited. And quite happy about my life. The part without the drama, the drama I hate, but here at home, at church, even online with my blogger friends, I'm greatful for every day. *tip to my friends online, so far (hehe) I am the only submission. Looks as if I'm the only nut brave enough to submit a self-portrait. So, Gigi, you know what this means, right? I might win....yes I might!

I'm getting a little loopy now, so I'm gonna get a few hours of sleep. I'm very excited because I might (cross my fingers) get to meet my good blogging friend Gigi, known to most as Girl Gone Wild. She happens to be at Silver Dollar City at the same time I'm going. We have GOT to ride Fire In The Hole together, no worries, I'll hold her hand if she cries. I'll probably be on over the next three days, but just in case internet fails (Murphy) I'll have pictures next week for ya. And Gigi, I'll wear a special shirt for you to recognize me...what can I wear...what. can. I. wear.....

Don't forget, there's still time to enter my giveaway--that fantabulistic little personalized CD--just follow the link HERE (or just scroll down a few days) and get ready to get your rock 'n roll on (said that kinda like a Pinks & Blues girl, lol).

11 Comments:

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

I cannot believe you were up past midnight doing this! Nut-jobber...need I say more??

I totally forgot you were such a hard-core sower. Hmmmm...

Still looks good for Saturday...we'll see how today goes! Fiiiiiiiiire In the Hoooooooolllllllllle!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!
Ok... I need to know... what does your shirt say - Remove Before... ?
Let me just say - once again - do your kids know how lucky they are to have a "rockin" mom!!!??
xo,
Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

Cat said...

I am SO Jealous that you might meet GiGi WITHOUT ME! NO FAIR! Fire in the HOLE is my FAVORITE!!! to bad I have this stupid reunion to go to, or I would take my boys down and join you all!!! LOL

but have an awesome weekend with the family! and give GiGi a big hug from me!!!!

Stacey said...

Awww, Cat, I'll give her a hug for you too, kk. You sound like you're throwing a tantrum up there...remember how much fun you'll be having at the reunion. gtg now. xoxo

Anonymous said...

My you're productive! I'd dig out my sewing machine but it weighs a tonne [v. old model] I'd have to go on a weight training regime prior, and I just don't have the time to squeeze that in as well.
You're actually going to meet a blogger in real life [as it were]?
Lucky you!
Cheers

D... said...

Oh! You sew! That is so cool. I would love to be able to sew, but, alas, that is not one of my talents.

Have fun in Branson! I hope you are able to meet up with Gigi. My grandparents live a hop, skip, & jump from there. Rogers, Arkansas.

Anonymous said...

That's what I need, an area just for sewing. I have to use the dining table.

Thanks for the peek into your world!

Kim said...

Okay...now I'm starting to feel homesick. Having just moved from Springfield MO, less than a year ago. I hope that you had a ton of fun while you were at SDC. Have you tried the Powder Keg yet? That has got to be my all time favorite. I'm hoping to get back up to Springfield sometime soon with Sam before our move to the Dallas area but I don't know if it will happen or not. May have to wait until after that. We need our fix.

Oh, you sew??? Didn't know that. See, you can learn something new every day. Most of my crafting/sewing stuff is all packed up ready to go. I miss it.

Can't wait to see your room all pulled together! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your sewing room!! It looks like you get lots done in there!!

FAQ said...

Lovely self portrait. Thanks Jamie for participating.

Sharon Sews said...

Hey Stacey! Here I am! Oh so busy this weekend with work and birthday parties!

Oh my! You really *do* have a sewing room! And look at all that yummy fabric stored nice and messy - just the way mine looks when I'm not taking photos for the blog - hee!hee! Oh, be still my heart! I just spotted some Dick and Jane fabric must be the bookworm in me.

I can not believe that all this time I never connected you with your profile name on PR! I've now got you marked as my favorite. You know, for someday when you have time to sew.

Here's wishing I would have been in Branson this weekend ...