Jul 18, 2007

Throwback Thursday....Finally Doing It!

For the longest time I didn't think I had anything much to use for Throwback Thursday, then I realized this: the things the Pinks & Blues Girls think are throwback are kinda the things I do have, when MY kids were little. AWWWW! When did this happen?! So....until my mother finally gives in and allows me to have some photos (oh, get yourselves ready for eye candy marathon then!), I still have a few things that kinda 'throw' me! Oh...and before I go on, you should click the P&B link...contest-palooza time! (Gigi, counting on you). Okay:

This is Christmas 1993 at my late father's house, and judging by the paper-winged angel, it was still fashionable to spew blues and mauves on EVERYthing! We lined up the all his girls and all his guys! The first is my little sister Antoinette, Jamee, Me (love the do?), our daughter Niki and of course, Dad. He doesn't appear it in this photo, but this is where that 'whacked' humor comes from...he was a riot! Miss him miss him miss him.

Now guy time: Jamee's husband, Andy; Antoinette's husband Joe; my husband, John, our son Cody and of course, Dad (Gigi, are these your glasses?).

It's still a little bittersweet looking at these pics--those were good days. If you'd told me none of these people except John and the kids would be a major part of my life in eleven years, I'd have looked at you sideways! Still hear from Andy here and there, but he's remarried and they're busy now. I have come to terms with my 'place' and understand it completely, but I miss him, Sarah and Max quite a lot. Maybe I'll blog it later down the road, idk, but I was just telling my dear friend Susan there comes a time when I have to stop and let them be as close to me as they want to be; I just worry the kids will think I've abandoned them. I would jump 1000000 miles up and swing from 10,000 stars to get to them if they needed me.
Don't worry about me, I'm quite fine (see new pic below...brand new!--kids shouldn't leave the camera on the kitchen counter if they don't want mommy taking head shots. Period!), will be back blogging with abandonment soon....been conjuring up some blog rules, blog friend rules, etiquette, that sort of thing. We need this, someone has to say it, so may as well do it, lol.

Posted by Picasa

16 Comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

ADORE the 'do! You should go back to that! Uh, yeah. Not so much. Explain throwback Thursday to moi(today is still Wednesday, isn't it?). I just found a ton of pics of moi from birth thru my first college venture....

FAQ said...

Well that song made me cry...alone again, naturally. You are precious.

Anonymous said...

I love that you brought these pictures out to share for TT! They are wonderful. It really is so sad when family drifts apart... especially when things were so different at one point. I know the feeling. Thank you for sharing these. They really made me smile.

Jane, P&B Girls

Anonymous said...

{{hugs}} Stacey, I know you said you were fine but I wanted to give you a hug anyway. What a bittersweet post. I'm sure the kids know that you'd never abandon them. Kids are smart like that.

You are skeering me with the rules! I, uh, can't wait to find out if I'm breaking any. ;)

Crazed Nitwit said...

OK Missy,

I am so not old enough to have ever have had a beehive do. SNORT! Giggles. Snickers. Too freaking funny. I have a few old prom pictures I may post or go even younger. Hard to say. My best prom picture is buried somewhere, too bad cuz I was one hot babe-a-cita in my spaghetti strap royal blue, body hugging gown....Most of my pictures show me overwhelmed by the sheer volume and amount of hair I had.

Anonymous said...

lol Love the 'do too. Looking back is hard sometimes, but thanks for sharing with us :)

shauna said...

Great pictures! I'm with D--definitely coming back to read the rules. :)

Cat said...

(HUG) GF! It is way passed due for a lunch day!

Cat said...

Oh and I have all the scoop on the puppies, I will gladly share!!! LOL

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Rules?!? Nobody said anything about rules!!

I give you {{{hugs}}} as well - I know the pain you must feel in your heart, especially when you look back at pictures like these. Hang on to the memories, sweetie, and know that your Jamee and your daddy are watching over you from Heaven.

MomOf4 said...

Sometimes it is hard to look back and remember. Your entry really touched me. We really never know where the future will take us, do we? I like your site and will be back!

Jenny said...

Yep! That do is quite lovely...jealous, I am! Jumping all those miles and swinging on all those stars....you are such a wonderful person full of tons of love. I'm glad I've met you!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Gidge...now you need hugs....(have you ever noticed the brackets used to show hugs either look like angel wings or rippling cellulite?? Just wondering...) I loved your hair...and dude, your dad stole my glasses!!

(on a side note...your head shot pics are too cute)

Love ya!!!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

BTW...I got an email from this PR firm wanting to send me some free stuff to try out and it started out like this:

"Dear Gigi, ...."

I laughed hysterically!!! Of course I responded as Gigi!

Anonymous said...

What great memories. Looks like you have such a wonderful and large family! ;-)

Anonymous said...

what great memories!! I LOVE the pics!! Beautiful family.