Jul 2, 2008

Wordless Wednesdy Debacle (big word, debacle)

I'm such a lazy poster, I couldn't figure out how to get the coding that kept popping up on my blog from overtaking my post that I just--poof! Went on without. It's okay, I'll post it again next Wednesday.


Today--Cody came home, hooray. He had a great time in Virginia, though, I know he hated to leave his best friend behind. At the same time, his new laptop awaited, so he was excited to open the box. He's saved his money from his job just long enough to get one. I bought his old one from him for Alex and his classroom (let's face it, Webkinz too). It's only two years old, actually better than mine, so he's excited.


Speaking of classroom, I'm painting it this week. I got about 1/4 done last night when it was time for our walk, and today with the airport run, a few trips to the store and a rained out swim meet, I didn't get back up again. Tomorrow I meet a friend and we head over to the used home school book store, so after that, I'll need to get to it!


And while we're talking about Jiffy Pop popcorn, I have an Alex funny. We were at the store and he had to have it (we all have to have the Jiffy Pop at least once, right?) when I standing at the deli counter and he started acting like he was popping the corn over my arm. He said "Mom, look! You're so hot the popcorn's popping!" Uhhh, Alex, I'm your mom.... Too funny! He meant hot in the literal sense. Love that he still thinks like that!

11 Comments:

D... said...

Not sure what you mean about your WW post, but, ok, I trust you know what you are talking about. ;)

Welcome home Cody! I know you are so relieved to have him home safe & sound.

LOL at Alex's comment. I ♥ it! If only they could remain that innocent.

Misty DawnS said...

But Stace... You ARE H.O.T.!!! ANYbody can see that! You are so dang H.O.T. you could make popcorn pop, Woman! Geesh - you certainly don't give yourself enough credit ;-)

Katie said...

Awww, I love it when they say such sweet innocent things :-)

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

Stacey, I'm so with Misty Dawn on this one. You are way HOT, just like all of your friends!!!!!

I'm looking forward to your visit. Who's place are you crashing at?

Shana said...

Yeah, I popped over to look at the picture and it wasn't here!

If we could only keep our children that innocent... :o)

Happy 4th to your and your family!

(((HUGS)))

jennyonthespot said...

That "hot' thing - way too cute. Gotta love it! Just love it!!!

Mom Knows Everything said...

You are totally HOT girl!!! I'm glad he made it bad safe and sound. :o)

Trinity said...

happy independence day to you my friend!!

Welcome home cody! Hi cute Alex...:-D

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I knew you were H.O.T. but I had no idea you were THAT H.O.T! Rock on, sistah!

Happy 4th of July to you, dear friend!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

P.S. Being that H.O.T., I wouldn't handle any fireworks if I were you. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Alex to too sweet. Gotta love our babies, just wish they would stay babies a little bit longer.

Glad Cody made it home safely. Sounds like he had a great time and having a new laptop waiting....wow!

Have a great weekend.