Jul 4, 2008

Bibs are also good for wiping crass comments from the corners of your mouth, Joy

Holding up a baby bib that was part of the Republican party's promotional items (they were showing both Democratic and Republican items on their show, The View, today), Joy Behar wondered if this was for John McCain. You know, so he can 'drool' on it.


Just remember this statement when you next hear another actress on The View complaining about ageism. Remember this when next we raise the question of racism, sexism, any 'ism' we've grown so accustomed to. Why is this okay? Why does this go unnoticed and why did the audience break into uncontrollable laughter at such a stupid remark? It can't be both ways--not fair here, fair there, not fair here. I don't see how. Irregardless of who you support in the upcoming election. That's not right.

11 Comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Happy 4th of July Stacey! I hope you guys have a great long weekend!

Wendy said...

The double standard in the media (and I suppose that includes shows like "The View") is sickening, but not unexpected. That's what comes of living in a country that enjoys freedom of speech.

Thank goodness I also have the freedom to ignore that sort of stupidity. :wink:

Happy Independence Day, Stacey! Let freedom ring!

artisticdiva said...

Although I'm a Dem, I tend to agree with you here. But Joy is a comedian (that's like her "real" job--not real good at it, but..), and nothing she says is worth much--even on the comedic front, and really, who watches the View. They are a bunch of self proclaimed "bitches" who gossip all day long. Their show is not newsworthy. Not one of the women on the panel is all that bright, either. I like Whoopi ( so much better than Rosie, who is disgusting), but the rest are like dim stars in a slew of darkness, and I don't see how they stay on the air and are considered at all "respectable." I rarely watch the show--did with Mrs Obama the other day, who flinched non stop at the stupidity of the panel. I was embarrassed for her and them.

Jim and Jami said...

I quit watching The View because of all of the remarks made by, Rosie, Whoopi, and Joy.....And it was once one of my favorite shows.....

Jim and Jami said...

the Circus has been updated.....

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I don't even bother watching The View. I think it's best that way. Then I'd get all riled and have to blog about it! ;-)

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I agree! It makes me so sick the way the media (almost all of it) doesn't even care anymore how biased they act.
Kay Arthur recommended an excellent book that I really, really think you would love, Stacey. It called "The Marketing of Evil" and it talks about how the much the media lies for the far left....it's very troublesome, but I am going to read it anyway.

Anonymous said...

Long time no talk! Just dropping in on you to say hi! Hope all is well...

Cheers.

Angela Williams Duea said...

I think these crass comedians are just like toddlers - if we stop giving them attention, they'll stop doing it.

Irregardless? Owwwwwwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

I missed that episode but it sure does sound inappropriate!

D... said...

I haven't watched The View in years. I see I'm not missing much.