Jul 15, 2008

Pineapples Make The World Go Round (Not an Ad, But They Do!)


When John came home and told me this, I had to check it out for myself. It's true--read it here. The DNC is meeting in Colorado and has issued a few food guidelines, banning fried foods and at least one caterer reported pineapples were also a no-no. Pineapples, it seems, leaves too large a carbon footprint getting them from Hawaii to here.

Leaves a few Hawaiians feeling a little angry to say the least. Last time I checked, they were part of the United States...this is a major export for Hawaii. And not only that--pineapples are just darn tasty! I think to appease angry Hawaiian voters at this point, a way to get them here without adding extra carbon footprints can be found. How, though? Wait! I have an idea, we can double up...does anyone have Al's number?

As for the Southerners, I can't help you there. We can get the pineapples here on a private jet, but I just don't know how to take unhealthy out of fried food. So you can't have them. Because, while you might be an adult fatty (clearly you don't know how to take care of yourself and exercise self control) you AREN'T THE BOSS OF YOU! So...yeah. No fried food for you.

7 Comments:

Angela Williams Duea said...

What if I deep-fry the pineapple? Does the earth explode?

Really, do pineapples only come from Hawaii?

By the way, my lawnmower confession is up. Have a look: angelawd

D... said...

Hey! Dem. Convention Hosts, not all Southerners are fat & only eat fried foods! Bleh.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Viva pineapples! You know it's human nature to always want it all.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I love pineapples! If I only ate the fruits grown in locally that won't be too many (I live in Canada).

Anonymous said...

I think I'm just used to people forgetting that Hawaii is part of the USA. Some people think we still live in grass shacks! LOL!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I love pineapples! We gotta find a way to get them here! Rowboats maybe??

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Can I still really really hope Obama picks Al Gore as a running mate? There are just too many jokes there in the making.

Sigh.

Cute post!