Apr 25, 2008

She misses me already...

Friday 4:27PM Just a little over an hour and I called to see how she was doing. She was fine of course, almost half way to Columbia. When she answered the phone, I immediately asked, “Do you miss us yet?” She replied, “I miss you.” Thinking I had a bad connection, I asked, “You miss just me?” “Yes.” I wasn’t sure what to think about this. Was life with the kids that bad for her? Or was she just trying to make me feel good? Whichever, I was feeling the love – she misses me already.

Friday 6:15PM Called her cell. No answer. Left message “Just checking to see if you are there yet. Love you. Do you miss us yet? Or are you still just missing me?”

Friday 8:35PM Thinking to myself ‘She hasn’t called to say she made it okay and she has had plenty of time to get there. But, the Missouri Highway Patrol hasn’t contacted me either. I’ll assume she made it safe.’

Friday 10:15PM Cell phone rings (I have my phone set to verbally tell me who is calling). “Incoming call from Stacey’s cell.” I answer, “Do you miss us yet?” She answers, “Still just you.” She made it safe and sound, just forgot to call. I’ll let you know tomorrow how the Miracle Word presentation went for her.

Signed,
Mr. Going to be in trouble because I didn’t get her permission to post on her blog.

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Hmmm, wonder what the punishment will be?

Glad she made it safely :)

Kim said...

Glad to hear that she is there safe and sound.

So in my eyes you did the right thing posting here since all of us out here can tend to worry when our friends travel. :)

D... said...

Oh, I don't think you'll be in any kind of trouble!

Thank you for letting us know she arrived safe & sound. I can't wait to hear how the presentation went. Thinking of her!

debkar said...

Stacey - It was nice to meet you this morning. I'm off to visit miracleword.net Debbie in Columbia

Misty DawnS said...

Nah - I seriously doubt you'll be in any trouble. Can't wait to hear how everything went for her.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

The amount of trouble you get into is probably directly proportional to how much of a wreck the house is when she returns.

PS. She has to FIND the computer before she figures out what you did. :]

Mom Knows Everything said...

I'm pretty sure she'll forgive you since she misses you so much.

Jim and Jami said...

You Two Are A Hoot!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Oh John! You're so stinkin' sneaky...I have to admit I as a little confused by the start of the post so I had to jump to the end to see who was writing!

I also called her yesterday and never heard back...I was worried.

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

If you get in trouble, just ask this question:

"If the situation were reversed, what would you have done?"

Just thinking about the possible answers to that is pretty funny!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

John, you are so sweet!

jennyonthespot said...

That's great:)

Memarie Lane said...

LOL! I was wondering what was going on. I can relate, except I'd be saying "no, sorry, I don't miss any of you!" I'd be relishing every moment without my family. :P

Cathi said...

I love this post!!