Apr 24, 2008

Seeeee Ya!

I'm leaving on a jet plane..........okay no jet plane. Not even a bag of peanuts. But I'm leaving. Tomorrow afternoon. To head down to Columbia and talk about MiracleWord.net to whomever will listen at the Baptist Convention. Because you know I'm all about speaking in front of others. All the time! Not really, believe it or not, I'm a little freaked out about it. (shhh!)

But.....Ethan, the youth pastor, and my dear friend, Debbie, and I will be going anyway. And because we have the go ahead to wear our jeans and Miracle Word t-shirts, I'm feeling better already.

I've been working fervently on the PowerPoint and finally fnished that last night! There was more to it than I thought, so it's been a lot of crazy around here. I do it because I truly do believe in Miracle Word and the power of stepping into Scripture and fitting into it....not the other way around. And reading The Message Remix has helped tons, believe me! What's very cool is that on the forum or anywhere else, nobody cares if I get behind (I do more than I should...again, shhhh!). I just "restart" and there I am again, right back in Scripture, hanging out with King David. I LOVE that part. It's not EVEN too late for you to join in---check on the forum, sign in, and see where we're at. And find me, see if you can find my name. JenGi's on there, too. And Shana.

Okay, finishing up some typing and hopefully visiting you, my friends, today. I'll have pictures, don't worry.

18 Comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Good luck and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Awww, have a fabulous time, my friend. You? nervous about talking?? No Way! You're gonna knock their socks off :)

Anonymous said...

PS - I will totally give Jane a hug from you (if she's a huggy type of person) :)

AudreyO said...

I found you through the blog giveaway contest. I'm not entering but read your blog. I hope you have a super trip.

Trinity said...

hugs!! God bless your trip dear!!

Libzsonshine said...

RYC - Yep...I'm a St. Joe-er but NOT a native! (There's still hope for me!!!)

Love the music...is that the 5n2 CD?? Very beautiful!

Have a great trip! I'm sure you'll do fine with your presentation.

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

You know, you're gonna be half way to our neck of the woods!

It wouldn't take long to hitchhike the rest of the way!

So I'll see you about noon on Saturday?

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Have a great trip!!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

You'll do great! All that work on the PP will pay off...promise. Just remember these 2 critical rules of public speaking:

1. No potty mouth (I know, I know, it'll be hard, but I have faith in you!)

2. No gleeking....no hope here, but at least try.

Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!! You will be missed :)

Stacey said...

Thank you friends! And now, I've done all the errands, I'm holding my breath, and I'm just going to drive down there and get up and talk. Ugh!

JenGi, I don't know how to do this without the potty mouth and I definitely cannot not gleek. Never! You crazy hillbilly nut job! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I like the new header. It's spunky!

I like the first picture on the left better then the one below it.

And good luck with the presentation! Remember to have fun. Breathe. Speak slower than you think you should, and picture people in their underwear. ha!

Cheers.

D... said...

Stacey, I know you are going to do great. You are so passionate about this and it will translate to the peeps at the convention.

Travel safe! Can't wait to see the pics!

Kim said...

You are going to do just fine. Spread the word, be yourself, and make sure that you have some fun! We'll all still be here waiting on the edges of our chairs for your arrival back. Not to mention that we're anxiously awaiting you! :)

Angela Williams Duea said...

Hope you have a great time! Good luck with the speech.

Misty DawnS said...

Will be thinking of you and missing you Stacey. Be safe.
Luv ya

Sharon Sews said...

Oh Stacey! I'm so far behind on my blog reading :-( Good luck honey!, although you don't need it because you'll be just fine. Besides, by the time I leave this message you'll probably be done and on your way home.

jennyonthespot said...

Good lucky -so much!