Apr 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Alexander The Great

He's our baby...the big 'uh oh...'...the one that came along AFTER we were finally able to get into the car without packing the kitchen sink. Four seats in the roller coaster, four easily fit into a booth, four chairs around our tiny kitchen table. We had no idea what adding one more so far behind the other two would be like, what it would do to our family. I cried, I'll admit it. I had a nice little life. What would it be like starting over again? I'll tell you: He blessed our socks off, that's what!

He's gets his strawberry blonde hair from his Grandpa (John's dad) and looks like his Papa (my late dad). My daddy adored his grandchildren, he truly loved being a Papa. And I have no doubt he's pleased to see what a beautiful, kind soul his "Alexander The Great" has become.

~HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY, ALEX~






(There's nothing on my lip, it was part of the effect and I can't undo it! No, really, it's not me!)





Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

Jim and Jami said...

Happy Birthday Alex!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Happy April Turdy Birthday, Alex!!! You da man! Hope you have the Best. Day. Ever.

Love you, Dude! Love your Mama!

xxxooo

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Alex! Dude! You're like practically a teenager! Hope you have a great b-day! Glad you're there to keep your mom young!

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

I have a special place in my heart for boys named Alex!

Happy Birthday! Give your mom an extra hard time today!

Plus, I don't think you should have to do any school work today!

Your doting Aunt Bea!

Ha! You didn't know you had an Aunt Bea, did you!

It's okay, I'm not any crazier than your mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birfday Alex!!!

Trinity said...

Hi Alex!! Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great day, and may you always be in God's path along the way of your life...

Shana said...

HAPPY! BIRTHDAY!! ALEX!!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday buddy!!! :o)

Mom Knows Everything said...

Happy Birthday Alex ;o)

Curiosity Killer said...

Awwwwwww~! Happy birthday Alex!

This post is so sweet.

Memarie Lane said...

Jessamine's a strawberry blond too. I keep having to remind Brad that my grandpa was a redhead. :P

D... said...

Happy 11th Birthday, Alex! You are so much fun. I hope you have the Best.Day.Eva! I happen to think April is a great month to have a birthday. ;)

Stacey, God certainly graced you with a wonderful "uh oh"! ♥

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Alex! Eleven wonderful years under your belt and sooooo many more to come.

Love the pictures! Can't wait to see more of those! :)