Apr 13, 2008

Camera Critters--Premiere Edition

Camera Critters


Ohhh I'm late late late getting this up, but I still want to play in Misty's Camera Critters meme so badly, I'm posting anyway!

I was going to put Louie up the first week, but when I went digging for some good photos (never a bad picture when you're Louie), I found these. This is Niki's cat, GiGi, hanging out with the dog statue my late father gave me for Christmas one year. He thought it looked a lot like our Cairn Terrier, Buttons, so he had to have this! I keep it up high and safe now--actually I treasure it. However at the time, I'm embarrassed to admit I was a little bummed. I was a teenager, and I really wanted a gift certificate or something fun like that. Now I'm eternally grateful my dad thought of something meaningful--the skirt I wanted wouldn't be here anymore and I wouldn't have remembered it.

Okay, enough about the dog---here's our foofy little princess kitty, GiGi, hanging out with us in the kitchen (freaked me out the first time Boo got up there!):


If you want to play, even this late, you still can. Head over to Misty's and grab a button...oh! and Happy Camera Critters! Alright...off to do a little more PowerPoint fun and hopefully get some more coordination going on in this blog! What made me think I could do so much at once?!



Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

22 Comments:

Misty DawnS said...

Now I know TWO beautiful GiGis!!! :-) Seriously though, that is one very pretty kitty! I love the story of the dog statue too, Stacey.

Thank you SO much for joining CC. It means SO much to me, my friend. I can't wait to see more of your critter photos each week (and Louie too).

Luv ya!

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a cute picture! Isn't it funny how we appreciate those things so much more when we get older. :o)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Cute kittie - they love high places don't they?

DeeMom said...

Now that would freak me out if our 3 and 1/2 indoor cats did that

neat pictures

Anonymous said...

Awww, I miss having a kitty - maybe SOME day, I'll have one again.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

A great place to rest with a wonderful view of the yummy stuff to eat!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

bcmomtoo said...

What a cute kitty. That would seriously freak me out to find our cat up there. I wouldn't worry so much about the cat, but that she would knock something down.

That's a very cute dog statue, too.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh that is so cute, mine love to hide in my fake plants near the ceiling as we built a ledge around the living room. Never too late to join.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

How cute! GiGi has a friend! How in the world did she get up there, tho?????

You are so NOT a loser blog friend, sweetie! I love you forever!

Anonymous said...

That first photo of Gigi is a winner. What a beauty she is!

Heart of Rachel said...

Gigi is so cute. It's nice how she seemed to have developed a fondness for that cute terrier statue. The dog is a lovely gift from your late father.

Gigi happens to be my nickname in the family too. :)

Heart of Rachel said...

I forgot to add, thanks for visiting my other blog.

Barb said...

GiGi is beautiful and I loved the story about the dog! :)

Anonymous said...

That cat has truly found its place... And the dog is lovely!

Jim and Jami said...

Oh How Sweet! I am sorry that I forgot to include Gigi the other day in the big family hug.....so here is Gigi a hug all her own

(((((Gigi)))))

Cathi said...

I love it!!
In my old house I had a shelf like thing up by the ceiling where I had a few baskets. One day I was wondering how the wind blew one of the baskets on its side when Bayley, our cat, jumped on the bookcase shelf to the TV to the top of the book case and up to the ceiling shelf. I was stunned. Don't you just love to watch cats and their antics?

Jenny86753oh9 said...

I'm so frustrated that I got so busy this weekend and COMPLETELY forgot about this meme!!!!

CastoCreations said...

I started playing late too. Your kitty is quite a climber! :) Very nice.

And I'm sorry about your friend. :( That is sad.

D... said...

Gigi is so cute! Cats amaze me with their stalking powers. They do love the high places.

Anonymous said...

Lol what a great cat. Gigi looks so nonchalant up there! These made me smile.

Kim said...

Love these pictures! Such a cutie. I think I'm going to wait and participate next week. Hopefully I'll remember.