Feb 21, 2008

Fall Is Just Around The Corner....

Okay okay maybe not. Alex and I are studying 'hooks' in composition, and I thought that title might make a good hook. If it made you come over from your Reader because you want to help me know where I am, it worked!!

I'm still working on the kids' digi scrapbooks and scanned one of my favorite pictures of Niki. She reminded me of a little Precious Moments figurine when she was about that age...so cute! So because I love this picture so much, I set out on a hunt for just the right background/elements. Nothing I saw suited me, both free and for sale. And because once I set my mind to something I exhaust all avenues before giving up, I decided to make my own!

Between teaching Alex, his independent worktime and while he ate lunch (two fried balogna sandwiches), I came up with this. I played around with the leaves until I got enough variation. Digi scrapping is quickly becoming my newest addiction, but I figure because I'm actually accomplishing something I needed (scanning all the old photos) it's okay. So long as I done get Alex teached up, shove laundry over to the wall and do the scissorwalk through the house to clear a path, no harm done.

I listed my Sheriff page last night (finally) on Digiscrap Depot and am fixing to list this one as well....so because I haven't done the scissorwalk yet, I'd best post the link and log off, and get a life!

Download Fall Leaves HERE :

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It worked on me. Sure enough I clicked this from my reader. Ha.

Are you kidding, I’m all about the hooks. Not to be confused with hookers. My top 5 hooks so far are:

1. Dildos Versus Scimitars
2. Underwear Theory (http://nathangann.com/?p=14)
3. Drag Show Conversation
4. You Pooped In The Refrigerator?, A Rant, and Dread Idol
5. Syphilis and a Chevy Cobalt

BTW I hope Luke does better next week. He didn't pick a good song. He has the talent, he just needs to show it. My guess is that Chikezie and Jason Yeager are going home.

Cheers.

Jenny86753oh9 said...

OMG...she DOES look like a Precious Moments figurine! And Stacey...that's an awesome digipage (or whatever you call it)!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Uh, yeah...I heard that Luke didn't do too good this week. I didn't hear. HOpe he gets to stay.

D... said...

Love your song choice! And love your digiscrapping. You are seriously talented!

Niki SO looks like a Precious Moment. Very adorable!

I hope Luke gets to stay too. The 1st week is so hard on the nerves & not knowing what exactly to expect. I'm holding out the faith, Stacey!

Laura Paxton said...

Luke is SO good lookin'...and he NEEDS to find songs that work better! Chekezie had BETTER go home....

On to other things...digital scrapbooking? Just when I started getting all the paper goods in hand?!? ACK!

Bigger, and even better...THANK YOU FOR COMING BY MY BLOG!!!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I think Luke will be safe tonight. I like his voice - he just needed a little more "oomph" this week. He'll do better next week!

LOVE the digiscrap pages! Too cute!

Just don't do the scissorRUN thru the house - running with scissors is bad. Dangerous, even. I don't recommend it.

Memarie Lane said...

Stacey, I'm still waiting to hear from you on the homeschooling stuff (I've been holding my breath and I'm completely blue! LOL), but I just joined an online group of homeschooling bloggers that are helping me. If you're interested in joining let me know.

Misty DawnS said...

That photo of her is so absolutely cute as can be! And look at you Girl - turning into Ms. Pro DigiScrap. The pages you have made so far are awesome - you've got tons of talent with this Stacey!

Angela Williams Duea said...

Stacey, you've got some mad scrappin skilz, girl!

Angela Williams Duea said...

Speaking of reader hooks, my weirdest one yet is "potato plus fire equals woman". Somehow someone found my blog using those words. I dunno.

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
Could that picture be any cuter???
She is so adorable, and you totally did a great job with the leaves and colors!!!!! WOW!! I love it. What a great thing to do with special old photos!! Perfection.