Feb 7, 2008

All The Good Hair Has Dropped Out....Now What?

If you know me at all, you probably know this isn't a banner day in my eyes. I'm not sure what to do with this now--I think I'll just wait and see who McCain announces will be his running mate before I decide anything at all. But what Romney said in his speech only reiterated why I knew he would be the right man. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) we must NOT retreat in a time of war against our extremist enemies. I fear that more than anything else.



So...where does that leave me other than very stunned and extremely disappointed? Well, it's not all bad. Because I'm going to show you the cutest little blogger award I've ever seen. It's Misty Dawn's dog she appropriately featured on the "Unconditional Friendship Award". Here's what she said about this award before she gave it to all the people she links to on her blog:

My friends here in the blogosphere have shown me support, encouragement, and love without the reservations, judgments, and restrictions which face-to-face relationships sometimes fall victim to. It doesn't matter what size I am, what color I am, if I'm physically attractive or not, or if I have a disability - you took the time to get to know me through my words, my thoughts, and, yes, my goofiness too. You have picked me up when I was ready to hit bottom, you have laughed with me, you have been my cheering squad, you have shared your own lives with me - and you've done all of this because you took the time to get to know me without any judgments. You have honored me with some of the most wonderful friendships I have ever encountered! For that, I thank you with all my heart!

And ironically, Misty has picked my spirits up more than once. And even though I'm going through some difficult times and haven't been as active as I want to be with my blogging, she hasn't given up on me. Yet!

So thanks, Misty. And I'm not even going to try to come up with something as eloquent as your description of your own award. For all my friends, this one is for you too. Enjoy it, I can't wait to be clicking around and seeing all the Border Collies in so many trophy cases!
*John took Alex on an overnight business trip today, so because I'm so exciting, I'll be here at the desk typing all evening long! I loaded up the playlist and I'm planning on being here all.night.long! I'd give a lot right now to rent a chick flick and just snuggle up with a good movie. *sigh*

11 Comments:

Misty DawnS said...

Stacey, you are very special to me - you are my friend. I will never give up on you!

Stacey said...

Thanks, Misty. I knew you wouldn't, though. xo

D... said...

Stacey, I don't think you have to worry about ANYONE giving up on you!! You are way too loved by me & lots of others, girl!

Enjoy your typing. I'd give a lot to watch a chick flick with you! I'm just hoping for a good night's sleep right now. :P

Memarie Lane said...

I was also very disappointed that Mitt dropped out. I'm hoping this means he will be offered the VP candidacy to the Hair Club President.

Anonymous said...

Oh now come on - why would anyone give up on you??? Have you dropped off the face of the Earth? Noooo. Have you continued to support your bloggy friends? YESSSSSS. So knock that off.

As for Mitt - what is that short for? Mittens? I, for one, do not want a president named Mittens. Sorry ;)

(*kidding - just kidding!!!! LOL)

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

I ran over to the Hallmark store as soon as I heard M.R. waved his white flag.
Can you believe they were already out of "I'm so sorry Ken Barbie won't be President!" cards!
I personally was astonished. I thought I would go to ToysRus next and get you your very own brunette Ken doll.
You may feel free to name him Mitt and pretend he is the President anytime you want!!!

P.S. I try to the best of my ability to make jokes about all political candidates and never, ever leave anyone out. You should see my impression of I-don't-have-a-neck-can't-lift-my-arms-above-my-belly-button McCain!

Angela Williams Duea said...

That's the perfect award for you!

BTW, when I first read your post title I thought something terrible had happened to YOUR hair, and I was bummed, 'cuz we all know how glossy your hair is. Glad everything is OK.

Anonymous said...

I love the word unconditional, when used with friendship.
XOXOX

Shana said...

I am going to share a side of me that I haven't shared with you yet, Stacey.

I understand your disappointment with Romney dropping out. But I am on the other side of the fence as my disappointment came when John Edwards called it quits. I felt very let down when I heard the news of him dropping out. He seemed to me like he could make some of the changes that this county needs.

I hope that this political discovery doesn't make you change your mind about me. :o)

ConservaChick said...

Ugh, I tried to leave you a comment yesterday, but I guess it didn't take. It's my messed up dial up connection I'm sure. Just wanted to offer you my condolences. If it make you feel any better, I think my guy is all but out. Oh, but I have high hopes for the VP ticket!!! ~K

Trinity said...

Stacey my dear, you deserve this award ton times! You are a great, loving, friend for me... I know I can count on you... will never forget that you always stand by me, my True Blue Friend!

*huggggssss to you*