Feb 9, 2008

Courtwarming Time!

It's Courtwarming tonight, so between hosting our church small group last night and the dance tonight, I'm once again a loserhead-blogger! But being the photo lover that I am, thought you'd enjoy a few shots of my little boy getting ready for the dance.

He still doesn't know how to tie a tie, and this time when John went to tie it for him, he couldn't because Cody has grown so much in these past few months he was too tall to reach. So he just tied it on himself then helped Cody adjust it. I guess the boy needs to learn soon. Pay little to no attention to the clutter in the kitchen. It's almost alwaysnever like this IRL.

Proof I was helpful:

Cody picking up his date. We followed because we were going to the other boy's house to take group shots. Her mom did too, so we weren't being weird, I promise. Okay, when we came out of her house (we took photos there) and found Alex and Adam (his b/f) on top of the Explorer, pretending to surf while hollering and laughing. I'll admit, that was a little awkward. In a trailer park meets suburbia kind of way.
And here they are--the gal with the brown hair (Lisa) has been one of Cody's best friends for most of his life. Cody's date is a diver as well, so Cody's come up with excuses to go watch the girls dive lately. Imagine!
I know I'm the momma, but I think my boy is beautiful.
Here is Lisa's daddy with John. They're terribly excited to be there.
And the rents shot. Excuse my getup-- I just came in from scaring up dinner for the week. I left the shotgun out on the front porch, though. Pshh, we're classy. We are! No, really--we fit right in here. Yes huh, we do too!
So there you have it. I'll try to be more interesting next week. But I'm finding it's harder and harder--the primaries knocked me down a little. I'll recover soon. Maybe. And Angela pointed out that last post title led her to believe my hair fell out--all that 'glossy' hair. LOL, she'a a silly. Sorry for the confusing title. I have hair (although my beautiful niece Angela is cutting it for me next week--pictures to follow).

16 Comments:

Terence Chang said...

Awesome photos!

I like his tie. It's going to be a good excuse to have girl do the tie for him.

I love all those smiles.


PS. Your kitchen seem very clean and organized. ;-)

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh, he is SO handsome! Your whole family is gorgeous... but, you already knew that, didn't ya? I mean, come on - just look at those photos!

Shana said...

Stacey, you are right your boy is handsome! Ahh it seems like just yesterday I was going to dances. :o)

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

Who needs the stinkin' primaries!
You have a whole family of FANTASTIC hair! People pay good money for theat you know!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I don't have boys because I have no idea how to tie a tie. BTW, I never noticed before how beautiful your teeth are!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Wait, your kid is DATING? How old is he??? He looks... young. And where are the surfing pics LOL!!

Could you explain the HUGE bag his girlfriend was carrying? What on earth does she keep in there??

david mcmahon said...

Sorry it's been a while since my last visit.

Yep, adolescent boys tend to grow faster than their Dads can tie neckties for them!

Really enjoyed your comment about ``wearing'' the ornate green terracotta tiles (posted on my blog) as haute couture. Pierre Cardin will be coming round to your house today, so make sure you're home - and ensure your son is wearing a tie!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Dude. That's a huge purse.

ConservaChick said...

I see no kitchen clutter! And that huge bag has gotta be for the Vodka she snagged out of her parents liquor cabinet. Oh wait... that was a flash back to my youth... I'm sure the bag was just for lip gloss and small farm animals. Typical stuff.

I don't think I realized you had a teenager! How old is he? I have a 12 year old (almost) so I guess I'm about there myself. Gosh, that seems wierd. ~K

Jenny86753oh9 said...

K...I was feeling weird at first when I saw that girls bag, but apparently you have a lot of weird readers since they noticed it too!!!

Surfing on the car? Maybe they hit the goods in her purse already?!?!?

Stacey said...

Okay that is it! I think I know what's going on here--apparently many of my blogfriends were very very bad girls in their day. Mmmhmm, yup, bad bad and bad. Psshhh, all yall are bad and you don't deserve a big giant purple bag. ;)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I had a giant gold purse I carried in high school. It was SO 80's/Madonna/big. I was SO cool. I have no recollection at all of what I carried in there, but it sure wasn't vodka.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how adorable! They look so uncomfortable, don't they?

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures!! Cody is one good looking boy. I know where he gets his good looks, you two look just alike. I swear, you and you kids could all be models. I am not just saying that.
I hope he had a great time at the dance.

It is so nice to see you smiling. Your eyes are smiling again too, in these pictures.
XOXOXO

D... said...

Love the pics! Such a good-looking family! Noticed the giant purse. But, my main thought is: what's courwarming? I've never heard of that dance before.

Trinity said...

hahaha... these comments really crack me up.. hahaha...

ok..selfcontrol please.. ahem!

Stace, I always enjoy to see your family pictures.. see handsome young boys as well.. hahaha... I feel it didn't fair at all to see that you still young and beautiful but you have grown up children!! How come? tsk..tsk..tsk...