Jan 15, 2008

Prayers For Nursing Home John With Update

**Update:
John is feeling a little better, his hips are hurting quite a lot, mostly from the pressure of sitting all day long with little to no activity. He spoke my name for the first time--he'll say "I love you" when I kiss him to leave, but tonight, he said as loudly as he could "I love you Stacey". It came out like "I Wuv You Stayyycey". And my heart was as glad as it's been in a very long time.

He asked for Niki, that was hard. I simply told him she had moved out. He asked for Cody--and I promised I'd present Cody to him tomorrow afternoon. He smiled, something to look forward to.

Thank you thank you thank you for your prayers, they are working. I'm selfish, when he was begging to die, I told him no, I needed him to stick around a little longer.

I promised Shana I'd be right back today to grab a meme and a very very cute little award....but I can't just yet. I just returned from the nursing home. Remember my buddy John?

John's got pneumonia. And while they're controlling that, he's in a lot of pain. He says his stomach hurts and that the nurses think it's gas. He was crying and begging for God to come and take him home, put him out of his misery. I've never seen John feel so awful, even when he was in his greatest pain with his hips.

I'm headed up there this evening for a goodnight song or two--I think he appreciates my singing abilities--either that or he can't hear over the breathing machine he's on, idk. Please pray for John, he's as sweet and loveable as they come. And the selfish side of me is not ready to lose him yet.

12 Comments:

D... said...

I most certainly will pray for John and for you too. Please, please keep us updated on him.

Katie said...

Oh Stacey- I am thinking of you and praying for him!

Shana said...

Oh Stacey, Your dear friend John is much more important. Please know he is in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

Give sweet John my best! Tell your girls are praying for him!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Prayers going up!!!!! And tears coming down...

How blessed he is to have you. And how blessed you are to have him.

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Glad he's feeling better...I was praying all kinds of heaven your way from the check out lane at Target this afternoon!

D... said...

Praise God! I'm glad he's feeling some relief. He'll be so tickled to see Cody tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I will be doing a lot of praying tonight for John. I hope and pray that he continues to feel better. Seeing you and Cody will do more than any medicine.

Thank you for your comment tonight. It meant more than you know. You are one amazing lady! I am so glad to have you as a friend. A true blessing.

Take care of yourself and keep the updates coming.

XOXOX

Misty DawnS said...

I will definitely keep him in my prayers. Your relationship with him is a very special one and it's obvious you cherish it.

Anonymous said...

Oh stacey! I am sorry to hear of this. I am praying for him, and hope he is feeling better real soon!

Hugs to him and YOU!

Trinity said...

Stacey dear, I will pray for him...I am touched by your love and care to him! being such a blessing is really beautiful, isn't it?

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Stacey, praying for John. Could you update in a bit when you know how he's doing??