Jan 21, 2008

I'm One Snake Tong Away From Having It All

This morning I'm looking down stats, checking searches. I like to see what other see before the come over. And while sometimes I get some oddities, this one tickled me! From Pakistan--a search for snake tongs!


That the search lead to my page doesn't surprise me, remember Snake Charming at the abode? It's just...why? What's going on here? What is this snake tong he/she is searching for all the way over in Pakistan. And did the search produce a good quality pair? I only ask because I needed some not so long ago.

Less than three years into owning this house, and I've seen more live things that didn't include humans, cats or dogs than anywhere else. We've battled brown recluse spiders (I need to blog the photo of what that'll do to your child's lip when bitten), lizards, lizard tails (those tails really do fall off when caught in spider traps, so I count them separately) mice, silverfish, drain flies, teeny tiny little ants, and one giant, vicious and possibly dangerous garter snake.

As I drive out of the neighborhood, I still get excited when I see the geese crossing the street. Sitting in the street. Walking down the sidewalk. Hanging out in the yards next to the ponds (Kristy, it's a downside to having your view, but it's so entertaining for me), and even deer just out for a stroll. I love that part. I love that this neighborhood is filled with nature. And if the occasional and possibly venomous snake is part of the package, okayyyyy I'll do it. I bravely wrestled one and won and I can do it again. But I think I need some of those snake tongs. Where are the snake tongs?

10 Comments:

Jim and Jami said...

Hmmmm, Snake Tongs, How about kitchen tongs, would that work? Maybe not......just don't ask my Mother to find you snake tongs, because she would ask for snake thongs, (that is what she calls tongs), and that could be weird all on it's own.....I guess you could have two, maybe three outcomes for that one.....a snake wearing a thong, a snake made into a thong, or wearing a snake as a thong.....idk, haha....I am just a bit goofy today.....have a great one! J-

Katie said...

Snake tongs, oh yeah we have several. They are for when you've got a big old boa constrictor cooking on the grill and you need to flip it over. Just like flipping a steak! *snicker*

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

A snake-skin thong. Sexy.

How do you do that kind of search to see what searches are linking to you? I must know!

My heart is dancing along with yours, sweet lady! God is good!

D... said...

Yeah, how DO you do those searches? My inquiring mind wants to know as well.

I know what you mean about all the little critters in the house. I'd rather not see what a brown recluse can do to a lip, thanks tho! ;)

Misty DawnS said...

OK - I'm with ya on the brown recluse and the mice. So, I'll see ya those and I'll raise ya - toads in the basement, invasion of flies like from a horror movie, coyotes which make the hair stand up on the back of your neck, and a bobcat!!!

You HAVE GOT to tell me how you made the award flashy thingy on your sidebar - that is SO cool!!!

Shana said...

Stacey, what are snake tongs? Are they like kitchen tongs? Maybe more like grill tongs. IDK...

:o)

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE AND CRITTERS?! And here I am just trying to keep big ol' hawks from thinking my dog is a critter.

Stacey, only your friends can go from tongs to thongs in a heartbeat....love it.

(Hey...stop beating yourself up on the b-day thing! I know you're up to your eyeballs in "stuff"...I love ya, Gidge!)

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

I think you need your own adventure show! You could start it with video blogs! The spiders, snakes, lizards and adorable you! It would be fabulous! We'll call it Stacey's Reptile Zoo and Spider's too!
Seriously, I'm starting to think I'm a marketing genius!!!

eagle wild said...

If indeed you do have lots of company in your house, humans or otherwise, then you are very lucky because you will never die of loneliness.

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Huh?!?!?!!?