Nov 12, 2007

On Desktops and Blog Friends

I keep seeing this on my Technorati page and I don't remember doing this! If I had to guess, I think Dawn tagged me, but I'm not certain. I'm supposed to copy my screen as it is right at this moment and post it online. I'm already on the list, so I'm not going to post that, but I missed out on the fun part! My desktop changes from week to week, and this week, my favorite person, John, my adopted father/grandfather I visit at the nursing home. His face is amongst my favorite faces. I love him and what's even better--he loves me back!
Before I get going with the home school day, I wanted to share this from Eileen, my friend at A Life Of Triggers:

Eileen and I have a few things in common, not the least of which being we have lost our beautiful sisters far too early. Eileen is a social worker, so was Jamee. I think reading her posts reminds me of the stories Jamee would tell in her early years with the DFS...the frustrations, the victories. It takes a very strong woman to do what Jamee did, and I believe Eileen is strong enough. She passed this onto all her friends, and I'm going to do the same, this is for all of you, my friends, and this is what it means:

  • "They color my life with the beautiful hues of friendship. Although we come from different backgrounds and cultures we share the same spirit of friendship."

Over the months since I started my first blog, it's evolved greatly. It started because I wanted to make friends with other sewing enthusiasts and thrist store lovers like myself. And I quickly surprised myself when I found I was drawn into the lives behind the words more so than the crafting. From that realization, I've learned that I can have relationships that reach from one end of the world to the other and they're as real as the friends I visit with each day in person. I've met a few of you in person and I have hopes of meeting even more.

My blogroll continues to evolve as well....some of my friends have stopped blogging, some have just stopped coming over. But the truth behind those blogs for me is this: I'm invested in some way, whether large or small, and I am grateful God put you into my path. Or vice versa! I hope you grab this Friendship button and know you're special to me. And as real as any friend could be--non-bloggers don't understand. I keep working on them!

13 Comments:

Trinity said...

Amen Stacey! I treasure your friendship...

May God always uses us to spread His love and blessing in this blogsphere!

Memarie Lane said...

I totally agree, I had no idea when I started my blog what a community the blogosphere is. I thought of it as being more individualistic. But it's not at all, it's like borrowing cups of sugar and having neighborhood watch meetings and Christmas display contests.

OMG I just had an idea!!! Let's have a Christmas display contest!!! All of the blinding holiday cheer for a fraction of the electricity! OMG!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

I snagged it! I just love it when you're all mushy-gushy!!! :-P

I'll give ya call later this afternoon....

Misty DawnS said...

You're so sweet. I love your desktop photo!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You are the dearest friend I have made in the Blogosphere, my dear Stacey, and I hope we DO get to meet face-to-face someday (with D, too, of course!).

Love ya, Sistah!

D... said...

You are the 1st person I met in this blogosphere who isn't already in my real-life. Pretty cool, huh? I was nervous commenting on a 'strangers' blog, but I'm so happy I did. You make me think, you make me laugh, and you make me thankful.

My only regret is that we didn't know each other before last summer. We could have met when I was cruising thru your 'neighborhood.' One day (for sure if the KC Royals build a new stadium) all of us will meet up.

D... said...

I forgot to mention that I adore you desktop photo. Ya'll are blessed to have each other.

Anonymous said...

What a great face to start the day! He's so lucky to have you in his life!

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet!

Memarie Lane said...

Errr.. I just won another giveaway (tea!). This would be number 8, just thought you should know. ;)

Memarie Lane said...

Maybe I will. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ayup, that'd be me tagging you :) It's been pretty cool to see all these people linking to me ... but you left off the part of the meme that links to those people, and to others you'd like to tag (hint hint). :)

Anonymous said...

But the truth behind those blogs for me is this: I'm invested in some way, whether large or small, and I am grateful God put you into my path.

Ditto, girlfriend! You are an encourager, a supporter, and a bright spot. I appreciate you!