Oct 7, 2007

What's Your Week About?

I've been working on this digital scrapbook concept and it's taking far longer than I anticipated! I have scanned several photos, mostly Nicole, because this is for her graduation album. I've decided I'm not good at the physical concept of scrap booking, so I'm doing it digitally.

This week coming up is going to be interesting. Alex and I are taking the week off school because there are three diving meets, a school field trip with Niki, a meeting for homeschoolers, the usual Wednesday night study, Friday night and a new study we're doing at church for six weeks....and Niki's 18th birthday!

I've been thinking on this concept--my daughter is going to be 18. What does this mean? Well....at seventeen she pretty much could take off and leave and we couldn't do anything about it! At seventeen kids can leave the home and not come back if they're staying out of trouble. Problem with that is if they do get into trouble, it's back home they come. And if they wanna come back, we have to let them in!

So Niki, being clever as she is, points out that she will be 18 and can make her own decisions. I pause on this. And then I tell her this: "yes, baby you can. That's so cute. You can leave now, but then again, you could leave last year, remember, we had this conversation? Difference is this time--Mommy can lock the door behind you!" Booyah! Or however that's spelled. Yeah, who's thinking now? I think she'll hang in there for another year, lol.


Hoping to spend a little quality time with my Cat friend--we need to have a coffee break together and I'm nevah too busy for coffee. Cat--I have DD coffee here, too, so just TRY and turn that down! We can prank call GiGi. She'll like that. What d'ya think? Circle Yes if you will come and No if you won't.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those teenagers don't ya!! When they grow up to be 25 and 28 there no different. LOL!! Trust me.
Did you say you have coffee brewing?? Did ya???

Crazed Nitwit said...

Thank you for the excellent suggestions for my essay. What you wrote is much more self-assured and appropriate. Thanks so much and hugs!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Uh-oh...sounds like I need to keep my phone off! hee, hee....

Loser friend alert...sorry I didn't call you back..ended up having to stay with my mum this weekend to help her out. I know you're busy this week but I PROMISE I'll call.

Digital scrapbooking??? What's that?

On a side note?? Did you see the Chiefs play yesteray??!?! Now you know why I'm a Sooner fan! :-)

Cat said...

Aww Girlfriend thank you for the call, and YES we will do coffee soon!

Calls are being made today, so don't freak out! LOL

I am doing good! LOOK AT MY BLOG! I Freakin POSTED!!!! and LONG ONE!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Hey...don't mind me. Just your bottom-feeder friend hangin' out...

Misty DawnS said...

You guys are so gosh darn cute and beautiful! Love the photos. I bet your digital scrapbook is going to be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Love the pics of you and Cat! Very cute.

Do tell about the digital scrapbooking. I'm an avid scrapbooker and am currently trying to finish Evely's one year book - finally getting back to scrappin' after two years of babies, babies, babies!

Anonymous said...

My oldest baby celebrates a birthday this week too (well... the 15th, but his party is the 13th) and he is trying his hardest to grow up. I am so torn about that! I don't know how I'll handle it when my kids decide to leave, but I can only hope I do it better than my folks LOL

It sounds like you have a super crazy week, so I think you deserve at least TWO cuppas :)

Anonymous said...

I know this age thing has me, too. Jake will be 19 on Sunday. I remember 19. Seems like yesterday!

I got home today from a meeting in KC at 3:30. I was tempted to go to school and work, but yesterday a woman who's been visiting my door--I think she's a Jehovah's Witness--came to see how I was and said something to the affect that Satan was behind keeping us busy all the time so we don't hear God speaking to us. This fit with my last two posts on my blog, so when I got back to town, I decided not to go to back to work. Instead, I came home and got so quiet listening to God, I fell asleep on the couch. :( I wonder was Suzi (the possible Jehova's Witness)would think of that. I think it's okay....yawn....