Oct 30, 2007

Trick-O-Rating The Years Away!

Our youngest, Alex, somehow heard trick orating when we said we were going trick-or-treating. Go figure--it works for us, though, and now at 10, he understands what we mean when we say 'hey let's go trick orating'.

I pulled up a few of the photos through the years. I'm a big fan of this day and for years took time to sew costumes for the kids. The one below is Niki and her brother Cody being little matching devils in 1994! They were matching pumpkins the year before. I used to get away with that, hey, I wonder if....

First house, and I know it's 1996 because I'm a preg-o queen, Alex would come along in the Spring. My sister Jamee made these costumes, she and her husband wore them if I recall. She was in town from DC and brought them along for fun! So....John and I got to be the queen and king for a night! No worries, you can giggle. Jamee and I teased John all the time about his stiff-faced pictures, you can laugh! I'm sure if we asked John, he'd tell you he's give a lot to hear us girls tease him relentlessly again.

This is 1998, and we had just moved to the suburbs of Kansas City. The kids didn't have a lot of friends yet, so we brought in all our old friends from the 'hood'! Niki still keeps in touch with them all. Cody is the yellow peek achoo, he lost his tail somewhere along the way, we never did find it! Niki and her friend are the die (I did this with my b/f, it's a tradition now!). Alex went as Blue--a very cute little red-headed Blue. Did I mention he was very cute?

Here they are, getting closer, 2002. This is the after-party for the pumpkin carving! I just this year broke one of the black mugs, so now I only have two! I'll get out to the clearance sales after Wednesday and try to find a matching set!

And finally, 2002 again. Clearly Alex has graduated from Blue to Dracula (Cody is the black thing next to him). It was a gradual thing--I'll try and hunt down Scary Monster Duck and post it tomorrow. That was the year previous. The story is ALMOST as funny as the photo.
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Misty DawnS said...

Love the pics Stacey, this was a really fun post!

Shana said...

This is such a fun post. I love these pictures. Happy Halloween!!! And be sure to check my blog later tonight for my boys Trick-r-Treat pictures. Tonight is the big night. :o)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

hee, hee...yeah King John looks like he just needs a good goose from the Prego Queen (kinda goes hand and hand with Prom Queen, huh?)

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes! It's great that you and your hubby dress up, too!

D... said...

Adorable! I think I'm going to steal your idea and post pics of my kids' Halloween costumes.

Sharon Sews said...

LOVE the trick-o-rating trip down memory lane! Great costumes - I love costumes, and costume parties - ah, who am I kidding? I love ANY party!!! And you have a TIARA! We could be Reading Divas (I'll even let you wear my Diva sash and gown) and go trick-o-rating with the kids.

Stacey said...

Sharon you'd let me wear the sash and gown? Oh yeah. I'm so there! Reading Divas by day, Trickorating Divas by night!

Trinity said...

Oh wow! I was telling GIGI that you all are really great people, taking efforts to make and wear some costumes for halloween!! Actually you have so many different costumes characters! Two thumbs up, four with my toes.. LOL

Anyway, I never knew what is Halloween all about..and what do you do exactly in Halloween besides wearing unique costumes...

Trinity from Rooms of My Heart

Memarie Lane said...

I got all wistful, then I remembered that I've never even met you. Ha!