Oct 21, 2007

Spooky Night Train

The Haunted Halloween Train

Baldwin City, KS

John and I anxiously await the haunted train in the depot--we think we're more excited than the kids.

Alex and his best friend board the Haunted Train-they're gonna be sorry they got on this train, I just KNOW it! The conductor instructs us to keep our hands and heads inside the train at ALL times!

And I am very certain these sweet boys will follow the one rule they were given--even when I'm not looking. No way would these boys break a rule right off--even if I turn my head for a photo (I always turn for the photo....)

The Headless Horseman gallops by our window as we roll along into the night--the cabin is completely dark. Good thing I have my handy dandy camera with night portrait.

John's brother is on board with us tonight--he thinks we make a fine couple so he shoots this:We think he and his new found friend are kinda cute too--so we take this:

All in all, it was a fun time for the boys. We traveled about an hour away to this small town to ride the Haunted Halloween Train--and we learned something tonight. Our city boys might be a little more de-sensitized to the whole Halloween ghouls wandering the train aisles in the dark. I think they scared the monsters. After awhile, though, the scary wandering zombies gave them high fives back and ignored the laughter as they passed by those seemingly innocent little boys. Each began battling to be the one who finally cracks the boys in the middle of the car--have them quaking in their seats with fear! And returning defeated.


This is the best 'I'm afraid' look they mustered:

They're only 10. Should we worry....


Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

D... said...

Oh! What fun, what fun, what fun!!!

Misty DawnS said...

That looks like so much fun. Those boys sound like a lot of fun to hang out with! How cool.

Sharon Sews said...

My son and his buddies would have done the very same thing at age 10 - they are just too cool to act scared. Now, if *I* would have been on the train ride the zombies could have scared me just by saying they *might* show up. I'm a huge scaredy cat(which provided endless hours of amusement to my children and husband by the way) so I would have had to say no (see I learned something from your previous post) if asked to take a ride on the Haunted Halloween Train.

Anonymous said...

You're so brave! There's no way I could survive that!

Anonymous said...

what adorable pics. I love the fact that you and your husband still have fun like kids :) Beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

I'd be more than enough scared for any other 10 yr olds that weren't LOL

I'm such a wuss.

Trinity said...

wow! what a fun and scary halloween! you and your hubby is perfect to each other, both of you can have fun together!

Shana said...

My boys would enjoy something like this. They love all things Halloween. I laugh about it, here I am trying raise good little Baptist and they really get in to Ghost and scary things. LOL!!!

You have a little bloggy love waiting for you on my blog. :o)

Memarie Lane said...

Looks like fun!

I didn't realize you already had so many little blu drinks. Feeling woozie yet? :P

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

How fun! You guys DO look like you're having a bit more fun...but why the heck not?!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! You have the most beautiful smile, Stacey!

Jane, Pinks & Blues