Oct 14, 2007

He Made It! Perfect--no but he made it!

Here are the dives I wrote about--and I promise they're only a few seconds long too. The first one is his 2.5. He just started throwing that in the meets (doesn't it sound like I'm too cool--'throwing it'?). So when you hear my excited 'he made it he made it!' it's not because I didn't have any faith in him. It's because I didn't have MUCH faith in him. There's a difference.

But...he made it! He made it! I guess I didn't ahve much faith in his back 1.5 either because I said the same thing--and he's been doing that awhile now. I'll try harder to say something like 'mmmhmm...yawwwwnnn...show mommy something else, I'm nodding off here!' next meet.

* *I was made aware tonight that Cody's first dive was under-rotated. Umm...okay..my point might have been lost here--this was his FIRST time throwing this dive in a meet and he had just learned that dive a few days prior. Pretty freakin good...wonder why kids feel so much pressure these days! Trust me nobody knows more than Cody knows when he isn't perfect. PS--he did perform this dive to NEAR perfection Saturday morning at districts, but I didn't download that one yet. I will..

8 Comments:

D... said...

Very impressive!

Girl Gone Wild said...

Well, at least your a consistant momma!!

I can't believe he does those things! I always wished I could, but ...sigh... only in my underwater world does that happen.

Kathleen aka Coffee Mom said...

Wow, the kid is good!

Dawn @ Coming to a Nursery Near You said...

whoa... that's too cool... and scary as hell LOL

Cheryl said...

You go right ahead and keep saying, "He made it, he made it!" I think I was holding my breath waiting for him to dive. I'll be watching for him in the Olympics. :)

kailani said...

Congratulations! What a proud moment for you! He did great!

Sharon said...

Wow! No wonder you're such a proud mama! He did great!

karen said...

Yeah, Cody! That is great!!! I love diving. It's the one thing in the olympics that I will stay up late for.

(My little ones over here think Cody is cool and I have to keep playing these videos over and over for them. :)