Oct 14, 2007

He Made It! Perfect--no but he made it!

Here are the dives I wrote about--and I promise they're only a few seconds long too. The first one is his 2.5. He just started throwing that in the meets (doesn't it sound like I'm too cool--'throwing it'?). So when you hear my excited 'he made it he made it!' it's not because I didn't have any faith in him. It's because I didn't have MUCH faith in him. There's a difference.

But...he made it! He made it! I guess I didn't ahve much faith in his back 1.5 either because I said the same thing--and he's been doing that awhile now. I'll try harder to say something like 'mmmhmm...yawwwwnnn...show mommy something else, I'm nodding off here!' next meet.

* *I was made aware tonight that Cody's first dive was under-rotated. Umm...okay..my point might have been lost here--this was his FIRST time throwing this dive in a meet and he had just learned that dive a few days prior. Pretty freakin good...wonder why kids feel so much pressure these days! Trust me nobody knows more than Cody knows when he isn't perfect. PS--he did perform this dive to NEAR perfection Saturday morning at districts, but I didn't download that one yet. I will..

8 Comments:

D... said...

Very impressive!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Well, at least your a consistant momma!!

I can't believe he does those things! I always wished I could, but ...sigh... only in my underwater world does that happen.

Katie said...

Wow, the kid is good!

Anonymous said...

whoa... that's too cool... and scary as hell LOL

Anonymous said...

You go right ahead and keep saying, "He made it, he made it!" I think I was holding my breath waiting for him to dive. I'll be watching for him in the Olympics. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a proud moment for you! He did great!

Sharon Sews said...

Wow! No wonder you're such a proud mama! He did great!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Cody! That is great!!! I love diving. It's the one thing in the olympics that I will stay up late for.

(My little ones over here think Cody is cool and I have to keep playing these videos over and over for them. :)