Oct 11, 2007

December Is JUST Around The Bend.....And GiGi Is Coming!

Just awhile ago I stumbled upon a new blog , Gremlin Wrangler, (new to me, that is) and she is doing a contest. Not just ANY contest, though, she's an artist. And I couldn't resist this one, I entered it! She takes photos and sketches amazing likenesses of the person in the photo and I know JUST who I'll have sketched. I love personalized things at Christmastime--there's about nothing better. She's pretty funny too, mosey over there if you're a loser on a Friday night, sitting around reading blogs. Okay, I'm a loser sitting around too, but still....go over!

This is the Country Club Plaza here in Kansas City in the Christmas season, all lit up!

And this is the courtyard at Hallmark's Crown Center at Christmas, with the ice skating rink in the background. Note the wooden toyland down there?
Yup, that'd be the one I posted pics of a few months ago, with us last December playing in the toy yard and dining in the train car.


Why you wonder? She must be simply uninspired and out of ideas so she's re-posting. Kind of like television in January? Naww....I had a wonderful phone conversation with my BFF Gigi (remember, I met her at Silver Dollar City this summer?). Gigi, her husband and two little ones are coming to town! This is even BETTER than Santa Claus coming to town. Almost.
We talked about it and I THINK it has been decided her family will come to Kansas City (they live in Springfield, so it's not a big drive) and we'll do Crown Center upp big. Along with my BFTRLF Cat--she and her family will join us. I sure hope they don't try to drive the car, though, that's MY job. I am the driver. And it's MY little house, but you can come in and look out the windows with me, but you have to know it's my little house.
I'm soooo excited. It doesn't take much, I know, I know. But I still cannot wait for them to come. I think I mentioned it to GiGi, so it won't be wrong for me to let you know she and her husband have generously agreed being a guest in my home for two nights was worth $300.00. Easy. If not more. And dinner...they're buying dinner for us ALL (Cat, you too!). Isn't GiGi grand?
Again....who says bloggers aren't real friends? I contend my blog friends are more real with me at times than folks I come face to face with all the time and I hope I get the opportunity to meet ALL of mine over time. Maybe. I dunno--now I've gone and scared myself.

11 Comments:

Lala said...

Hi Stacey!!! HORRAY for you that your FRIENDS are coming!!! I have promised a friend I will be out that way (Overalnd Park) in the Spring... she came here last February and I can't put it off any longer!!! You'll have a grand time with them I know!!!

Lala :o)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Buying dinner for everyone?!?! Uh...wait...yep, I think we just got a flat tire! Imagine that!

JK!!!!

We cannot wait to have a little vacation with your fam. Then to be able to hang with Cat is just icing, baby!

Katie said...

Purty pictures! I love seeing Christmas all done up in lights with snow.

Anonymous said...

Awww, sounds totally cool! It looks beautiful, too. I'm hoping to finally get to meet MY BFF next month when we travel to *hell* Tennessee!

Donna. W said...

I've met dozens of online friends, mostly from an old AOL senior Christian chat room. They were all exactly the same in person as online. I think you get to know people better through what they write (type) than you would living next door to them.

carrie said...

Thanks for the link, Stacey! I'm glad you came over to visit.

By the way, I used to live in Olathe, not too far from you! I won't say where I live now (here for everyone to read) but it's still not that far away from Lees Summit! Weird, huh?

Misty DawnS said...

Stacey, I thought your photos were so beautiful that I just asked the Hubs "How far away is Kansas City?"... Ok first you must know that I am absolutely horrible with directions and geography. Second, my Hubs already knows that when I ask "how far?" he must relate that in time, not miles, because I'm clueless when it comes to miles.
Anyway (got off the subject, didn't I?) he said about an hour and 45 minutes. So, I'm thinking that one year (probably not this one) he will have to take me there to see all that beauty for myself! So, you and Gigi and Cat cannot live it up TOO much this year - you have to leave me something to come see sometime!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

BTW: J said to keep it on the down low, but he thinks he can get a few of the kids at church to knock off the ushers while their counting the offering. We might not be able to come back to this church but we'd have a blast at your place! :-D

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

OK, um, D and I are just a little bit jealous here...

D... said...

Indeed we are just a little bit jealous here....

Cat said...

I am so excited about her coming!!! this will be so awesome! I just hope I am home!!! darn family trip to Florida! BLAH!!!

sorry I haven't been around GF! just getting my stuff together!