Sep 27, 2007

Throwback Thursday Time!

January 1989. John and I wanted to be married, but couldn't afford a formal ceremony, let alone a reception. John's sister, Jeanne, felt for us and hosted a small family reception at her home a few days later. So...we did get the cake. And I've been hanging out with my second best decision (next to Christ...for y'all whose jaws just dropped!) for over 19 years now.

Alright, if you won't say it I will--John had a mullet! And how do you like my big hair with slicked back Michael Jacksonesque sides? Actually, I like the back of it--I think I might pull out the hot rollers today!

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys worked the 80's look perfectly though! Such a cute photo! You guys are just too much fun.

Happy TT!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute!! I love the hairdo's. You really haven't changed much since then - just the hair.

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Slicked sides, huh? That was done in the 80's? Must have missed that....hee, hee.

Misty DawnS said...

My husband had a mullet too. In fact, he had a mullet up until about 5 years ago!

I definitely sported the slicked back sides and then the big poof!

Anonymous said...

Remember "spritzing" your sides and then taking the blow dryer to them? You could get them suckers to stand way out.

Lala said...

Hi Stacey!!! OMG... that is SOME MULLET (and I SO would've said it if you hadn't!!!) You two look cute!!! One thing missing... where is the MEMBER'S ONLY JACKET??? :o)

Thanks for sharing!!!

lala :o)

Crazed Nitwit said...

You still have hot rollers? Hahaha. Very sweet picture. You make a lovely couple.

Sharon Sews said...

Oh my, you two are just so darn adorable!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Babies! Babies getting married!

(I totally did the slick-the-sides-back thing with my hair, too! With the hairspray and blow dryer!)

Anonymous said...

LOL It looks like John is saying "She JUST BIT MY FINGERS!!"

I'll have to post the pics of my ex & the rest of the wedding party some day - they ALL had mullets. LOL It was 1991. What can I Say? LOL

D... said...

It's funny looking at this picture as my hubby & I got married in 1989 as well. Looking back, we looked way too young to be getting married. I was all of 19 years old so I probably WAS too young. Seeing where I am today, I don't regret it a bit.