Sep 23, 2007

Spreading My Lovin Arms Across The Land....One Key At A Time

Interesting column in my local newspaper this past week. A tennis match of viewpoints and thoughts, bouncing back and forth; they were so jumbled together that I pictured him (the author) typing furiously whilst trying to rid his skin of all the bugs crawling around, swatting at the birds that dive bomb him everytime he gets into his groove. He must be smiling at his cleverness even still...he probably chuckles and nods his head as he proceeds.

I'm sitting in my comfy chair, reading with mild amusement, progressing to enough intent that I needed my reading glasses (aha! In the laundry room--that makes sense!), I froze..what in the...? The columnist thinks he has outwitted.... America--he's got the stop-in-your-tracks answer nobody else in the left camp had brains enough to think of! He asks readers if anyone has ever thought that just maybe God created embryos for cloning and scientific research? Come again?


He's quite emphatic about this--as if he's by-Jolly-Roger come up with a fresh viewpoint. I say this: Why yes....perhaps you're onto something here, Mr. You-Don't-Know-A-Booger-From-A-Piece-Of-Pickle-Relish! I'd be somewhat alarmed if I thought this was a widely read column. I'm not alarmed.

I was getting ready for church this morning, having a not-too-bad hair day (see picture above) when the infamous Helen Reddy song playing on my XM radio, and I was nearly to the nightstand, finger on the arrow (not a lover of that song) when I hear...what?...hang on....

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long, long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Well now! This song, the champion of ultra-fems across america, clearly defines an embryo as a person (in this case, a woman who is spreading her lovin arms across the land--coulda been something else, Gi, beat ya to it!(hehe)).

Here's my conclusion: I'm needing to write another letter to this newspaper and answer what he asked. I will say Naw, but I DO think, however, He maybe created you to clean my carpets, wash my dishes, shine my windows, fold my laundry, cook my meals....because I'm probably going to be too busy doing what is perceived by you to be more powerful and more important woman things.

7 Comments:

Katja said...

Holy cow! You SHOULD write an answer to him!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

hee, hee! PLEASE write this guy back and then let us know how you worded it. He can only BE so lucky to have such a creative response from you.

BTW - re: Getto Butterfly - I may be insane, but you are down right nasty!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is that guy smoking? Where would he even come up with an idea like that? Let him have it, Stacey!

Sharon Sews said...

oh good grief - what is he thinking? I get so tired of those lame answers some of these people come up with. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respond to him - oh and let us know what you said...

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts, Stacey! You need to post your letter that you send that twit.

Anonymous said...

You MUST share your response to him with us, your loving readers!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

D... said...

Write that letter, Stacey. Let him have it!