Playing a little tag here with Trinity today. I'm posting five things you maybe don't know about me (or maybe you do--I talk a lot and forget where I stopped). Trinity said she thought it would help her get to know me a little better. You sure you wanna know? If yes, keep reading; if no, I know you'll keep reading, but you might do it with a look of disdain:
- I spend a great deal of time thinking about how my life will be in about 40 years--without the kids around and possibly no husband. How will I get through those long and silent days? I relish that time now, but that's only because I know to give it an hour or two and the house will be exploding with every kind of noise possible. This bothers me and I think it is my biggest 'about me' fear.
- I was the editor of our school paper--The Savage my senior year. I decided after that that going to journalism school wasn't what thrilled me, although I love to write.
- I'm an ex-smoker who didn't mean to quit--I smoked about half a pack a day and when I had my hysterectomy last year, the nurse never got around to giving me the patch. By the time I got out of the hospital three days later, I knew nicotine would make me sick to my stomach the first few times--so I didn't dare risk my incision opening and my innards slipping through my abdomen because I wanted a cigarette. So...by the time I was healed enough, what's the point?! I'm up 15 pounds from last year, that stinks, but it'll come off. To be truthful, I sometimes wish I'd never quit. I miss sitting on the deck, looking at the stars and having that after dinner smoke (we only smoked outside, don't freak out, the house is a smoke free zone as is the car).
- I had a hysterectomy last year (oops, I already told you that!). A cyst burst on my ovary last September, so I went to the ER. Long story but a week later I'm in the hospital having an ablation done when the doctor closed me up and said I'd need a hysterectomy. I had the distinction of having the worst case of endometriosis she's ever seen and it's spreading all over my body. No hormones for me--I'm still waiting on the moustache. Hot flashes really are hot, by the way. Another year later and my story might have been very different had it spread to my lungs and other major organs. Had no clue! Thank goodness for the cyst bursting--although it hurt like a son-of-a-gun!
- I'm not sure I blogged this ever, but in high school I also went to state competition for my typing and shorthand. While others had medals dangling off their letter jackets for basketball, football, whatever sport, mine are all from typing and shorthand (Can you spell nerdy? I can--remember, Editor!). And yes, I still can take shorthand! I make many of my Christmas lists with shorthand--so yeah huh it is too useful information! Stop laughing--I can soo hear that!
So there are five more non-essential but true pieces to the puzzle that is Stacey. I wanted to download and post some bunco photos, but I left the camera in the car and John took my car to watch the Chiefs play at his brother's house. On the television--the Chiefs are not playing at Jeff's house, that'd be silly. Well, maybe not silly, but very impractical, I don't know where they'd play. Awhile back, maybe in the back yard, but they have a pool now, so no, the Chiefs are not playing at Jeff's house today.
Maybe bunco photos later or tomorrow--I won a prize and I have to show it to you, you'll crack up!
Okay time for me to tag...
- Eileen one of my newer friends. Eileen has a full life, working, being a momma and a wife. Yes it is a very busy life, and how she finds time to blog, I'll always wonder. But...Eileen, I'm very glad you did.
- LaLa is another newer blogger to me. She's got a thing for Fergie and even has her ring tone set to that, but it's okay, I like her anyway. (LaLa, don't tell, but I kind of like that Party Like A Rockstar song---ta ta ta totally duuuude!)
- Katja my stunningly beautiful (model at one time) Colorado friend. She's a wife, momma, business woman and a whole lotta more stuff! Katja, I think it's time you tell us something really bad--so's maybe I won't envy you so much. Okay?