Aug 26, 2007

My Semi-Functional Sewing Room..................

Thanks to my sewing queen friend, Sharon, I've been itching to stitch something! The opportunity came around the other day when my daughter decided she wanted a book bag similar to one I made a friend's daughter. Andddd I didn't need much more reason than that! Off I went to 'the room in the back of the basement' to fold fabric, pick up trash, put away threads, bobbins, seam rippers. When I'd finally made enough space to work, I worked. And worked. Pshh! I am amazed that for me it's not like riding a bike. It took me a great deal of the day to complete this very simple project.

But it was HEAVEN I tell you! Heaven to be in my sewing room again, creating! Now Sharon, this is not Pattern Review-worthy, so you won't see it there...yet. I need to do it again, perfect the techniques I secretly perfected while sewing today. I saw the New Look top over there...amazing is what it is! It's very flattering, Sharon. I might sew it, I like flattering. I'm chewin on it now. We could wear it to the Mall Of America together...maybe flatter each other while we ride the roller coaster over and over and over. Because we wouldn't need to shop, because we'd be wearing the best!

The inside pockets for pens, pencils and cell phone ended up much lower than they should have been, but I subscribe to what you don't see won't hurt a thing!

We pinned a ribbon on the front that has cute little charms that say fun things like "I love my cat" and "call me" and "let's talk". Then I added a vinyl sleeve over one of the outer pockets so she can put a photo inside. Whose photo to add...who to add...*clicks non-existent fingernails on desk*. I don't have ideas..................


Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pink dots. They're all the rage right now!

Katie said...

sweet bag!

Katja said...

That's so neat! I'm so happy for you that you got to do it, it feels so good when you get the create something, doesn't it...?

Have a great day!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

That is too cute! That should be your next giveaway - I know a couple of 8th grade girls who would LOVE bags like that!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it too! That'd be a great idea to SELL THEM TOO :)

And if you had blue dots, I'd even use it as a diaper bag, because it's much nicer than that black backpack that I'm using for diaper bag/purse right now LOL

Barb said...

Very pretty and creative! :)

Cat said...

Very very Cute!
Hmm this reminds me of a certain project you were supposed to do for me. remember? LOL

girl you really do have talent!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

My girls would love that!!! So cute and I love the material. Oh, how I wish I could sew. I am so not sewy, knitty, crafty, etc. My girls are, and I am glad. It really looks so good. Enjoy!

D... said...

Oh girl! You should make & sell some of those. I showed my daughter and she went ga-ga over it. Very cute & creative. You rock!

Sharon Sews said...

I LOVE this! Girl, you're putting me to shame. The fabric is fantabulistic (do I win anything for the continuous use of that word?!?), the size is perfect, and the addition of the little charms is so creative! You should get a review on PR right now so I can compliment you some more :-)

I don't like roller coasters but for you I'd do it. And, matching fantablustic tops to wear together at MOA! We could pretend we're like thirteen again

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Sounds like you've some customers, Gidge! Now all you need to do is somehow work it all in between the mom, teacher, wonderwoman time....

Misty DawnS said...

You've already received it - but I gave you an award, because I thought you deserved it again :-)

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time? Love the bag.