Aug 19, 2007

Be Nice, It Matters!

Janice, my bud over at Twist and Skewer, has kindly overlooked my meaniness to Democratic candidates, recognizing that I'm nice to Democrats who aren't running for office. I hope anyone else who reads my blog and might be offended understands me. I'm big on believing if I know something is right then I would be part of the wrong by not taking a stand. It's a simple thing for me. I have a personal relationship with being wronged and nobody taking a stand on my behalf that could have made it right. And it would have changed everything. That's why I'm outspoken from time to time, and I welcome differing opinions anytime anywhere, so long as they correlate with mine. (kidding)

So thanks, Janice, because your comment brought this to mind, and I reailzed I should clarify myself. Here is what she said:

Stacey at JameeForever who is kind and encouraging to all(except Democratic candidates!) and consistantly leaves lovely comments on everyone's blogs.

With that being stated, then you guessed it, she has bestowed upon me a pretty darned nice award. And a beautiful award, might I add! Here is the award by definition:

The Nice Matters Award: This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to others who you feel are deserving of this award.

And it's time to pass the award--and I'm picking a new one for you. You've heard me blog on and on about my bff Kelly from my high school days. She just dropped her little baby boy off at MU and drove home alone. Alright, maybe not little, a baby only in her eyes, but still I don't wanna think about those days to come. But...on the upppp side, Kelly's begun dating again (she's divorced). She's a new blogger--geneologist, writer and extremely artistic. I'm excited about her new blog (finally!). That's Kelly in the photo, standing on my left. Not my right, that's a guy, that'd be silly!

If you're reading my blog, then you're my kind of blogger, so try and overlook Kelly's 'deep thoughts' from time to time--she is a teacher, she can't help it! The only 'deep thoughts' I have, I likely got from Jack Handey. Oh yes, there really is a website dedicated to the vast vastness of Jack Handey thinking-ness! Wait! I'm gonna be teacher starting tomorrow--tomorrow I begin homeschool for Alex! I need a school name, hmmmm....that's something to think on.

So there you have it, I bestow niceness upon Kelly, because she's about the nicest person I know. She'd do anything for me except my toenails. And probably no bikini wax either. Would you, Kel? But aside from that, she's down for it! Gosh, now I'm hankerin to sit on the front porch of her little cottage! Kel, I'll be up soon. I'm almost out of Dunkin Donuts coffee anyway! Thanks again, Janice, you're too darned nice to me!

*I picked the music as I was hearing more about the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Landing a day early to avoid the hurricane, and landing despite a tear in the heat shield on its underside. I pray that the decision not to repair this tear was the correct one.

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey! I love that you gave a shout out to your friend Kelly! I will read her blog. It ached my heart to hear she dropped her son off at college! Though I know those days are years off... and that it is 100% normal and healthy for them to go off... I still don't want the day to come! :) I will be a blubbering mess in Sept when I drop William off at pre-school!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues

Cat said...

Hey GF! I missed you this morning, I needed my Hug!!

Anyways, I am rushing off to check out kellys Blog! Congrats to her for the award.

I think I may take a break from the blog. (just not feeling it anymore)

We will see.

Love ya girl!

CAT
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey!

Thanks for saying I'm nice. I've had a hundred and three (just kidding) people tell me that this week!

The most important thing for me to do every day is be the best person I can be and do the right thing every day. That way at night I can go to bed knowing my heart, mind, soul are happy.

Yes,and you are nice to democrats--even liberal ones like me. I need to check out Jack Handy's site. Not that I need to be in deeper thought, but...

Love ya, Stacey. Come see me any time. I'll put you to work on my backporch, though. Shopping, painting, sewing... ooh, I'm so excited!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Yes I am too nice...but that is the way God made me! Poor Kelly dropping off the boy. It's great and it's sad to us moms. Hugs.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

What a lovely award! And I'm with you on Endeavour - hope they make it back safely!

Anonymous said...

Well, it is a well-deserved award and one which I was about to give you. :)

So happy I found your blog and your on my roll. I promise to comment more and lurk less. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE jack handy!! I can't believe there is a website out there!! Congratulations on a well deserved award!!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

How cool that someone gave you an award that's just perfect for you! Congrats, girl! Also Congrats to Kelly! She sounds like a jewell of a friend.

I'm SO on that widget award...just for you!

Happy teaching tomorrow! Can't wait to hear what your school name will be!

Sharon Sews said...

A well deserved award! And an absolutely perfect fit! You are a treasure in the blog world my new friend and I'm so glad to have found your blog.

Now I'm off to check out Kelly's blog.

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Your award, m'lady, is up....

Anonymous said...

HI Stacey,

I just opened your blog and the only thing there was things about me! Creepy. Are you turning into my stalker? Hmm...

I'm home. Will email or call in a bit. Gotta run to the gas station...

Oh, I tried to do the celebrity collage look alike thing, but each time I try my computer locks up... If you get time, would you do one for me...Don't do it if you don't have time, though! I mean it. Once, Jake did this for me, and Grace Kelly, Cybil Shepard and Kathleen Turner came up as my look alikes! Hmm. I wish--the same way we wish pigs would fly and we'd get a million bucks!
Love ya

Kelly