Aug 6, 2007

Alex At His First Church Camp Today....

And I Miss Him. Lots. Going to pick him up Wednesday...and I missed him before we even got into the car to head out there! He went with one other little guy from our church (and some girls are there too, but yeah, they don't count in the boy world this week).

Oh yeah, he's my kid alright, don't let the strawberry blond hair and blue eyes fool you!


The Blob behind him--that's what he's really here for! And it's right outside his cabin's back door, lucky little guys! He thinks he can handle The Blob....oooh I'd give a lot to jump on that thing!

I'm leaving him in his room now; and I think I detect a little apprehension in his eyes. Yeah, he's a little sad, but he'd never say it.

Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

He's going to have a blast on the blob. My kids love that thing. Hope you're not too lonely without Alex.

Cat said...

Oh man, that looks so cool, I should send Brandon Next year. I am sure Alex will have an awesome time!

Try not to miss him too much! (but I know the feeling!)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.....I remember sending mine the first time. And, my granddaughter left today for her first church camp. She'll be back Wednesday, too--I think. Hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Jake leaves in 8 days for college! He just got his room assignment. Will you be home on the 16th? If so, I might swing by and visit with you on my way back from Columbia...not sure how I'll be feeling, but...

Kelly

D... said...

Oh, it is so hard to leave them!! I'm sure he was a little sad. But, he'll have a grand ole time and come home all sweet & loving cuz he missed you so!

Katja said...

Which one was more sad to depart... you or the boy?

I have sometimes hard time leaving my kids for the school on the mornings, I need to grow up a lot to be able to do summer camps. You're a brave mom!

Oh, but then again, a little break from the kids would be welcome..

Katja

ps. did I win the cd yet?

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

He is going to have a fantabulistic time at camp, don't you worry! Try not to miss him too much - and give him lots of kisses when he comes home!

Cat said...

Just checking in on ya! How did it go lastnight, did you worry?

Hope all went well!

XOXO