Jul 26, 2007

Throwback Thursday Time..............

Pinks & Blues Throwback Thursday:

Somewhere about 1983. Jamee, my big sister, was the captain of our basketball cheerleading team (and football; she was like that!). That's her, second from the front. Go down one, two and ta dah! That's me--turned around, doing the family (and team) proud! It's one of my favorite cheer pics because it clearly illustrates my cheerleading routine ability. Jamee was amazing...she could do anything gymnastic, she remembered the cheers, never forgot a routine, even made up a lot of ours. She was excited we were together cheering, and I'm sure frustrated from time to time with my lack of cheer-ability! Me? Excited, heck yes! I think I've shared with y'all that I was on the team the first time because one of the girls broke her leg. I was the next alternate. Didn't have a THING to do with that leg! Geesh, why does everyone ask? I did want the outfits, how cute were they?--that and the pom poms (those are the real Mccoys in the VBS pics--the black and gold ones!). And...the boy I liked was on the basketball team, (remember the lunch pictures from March?) so there was my no better way to keep an eye on him. Or so I thought--didn't have a lot of time to look for him. It took most of my concentration to keep from accidentally hurting one of my cheermates!

Now before I sleep tonight--you're in for a treat. That's right, the Pilot John tee has arrived! So...from cheerleading uniforms to my new contest-entering top. Works for me (oh that's Wednesday, right Gigi?)

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE this, Stacey!! You are just like me - always looking up to the older, wiser, great-at-everything sister!

Audrey and I always looked up to our brothers' girlfriends who were cheerleaders. That was in the '80s (my oldest brother graduated high school in '89) so these uniforms and the hairstyles in this photo bring back so many memories of going to their basketball games!

And this song is PERFECT - I remember this from European Vacation. It was the song playing in Rusty's dream sequence on the plane. Remember that!?

Happy TT!

Jane, P&B Girls

Katie said...

I love this picture! Looks like you've always foolowed your own tune!

Anonymous said...

THat'd been me, bassackwards too - had I been ya know... a cheerleader. LOL

Shana said...

Funny story. Great picture. Happy TT!!

Anonymous said...

Stacey:

I just put up a post about your blog among others that inspired me. You can check it out here.
Blogs that inspired me!

I just love your smile. Laugh more! Be happy!

Anonymous said...

You and I are alike. I would be the one facing the wrong way too. I was the girl in the marching band who could NOT play and march at the same time, so I 'lip synched'. I figure keeping in time was more important than actually making music. ;)

Fun picture!!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Cheerleading?! Wow...I would've had you pegged as the girl on the back bleacher ripping on the pom-pom girls and snogging with some guy! Oh...that was AFTER the games!! Right....

Crazed Nitwit said...

Too sweet. Cheerleader, ey? Have to rethink that BFF SM thing.

Sharon Sews said...

I love this picture! And I'm so jealous! I always wanted to be a cheerleader but I was too afraid to try out - plus you had to actually say cheers out loud and I wasn't much into public speaking back then. So I went for dance line - no talking - just lots of synchronized high kicks. Plus we had cuter costumes. Hmmm, wonder if I could incorporate some of those old dance line moves into the Reading Divas routine ...

Anyway, you look so adorable! And its so sweet that you and Jamee did that together.