Jun 30, 2007

This Girls Family Needs Us...


She didn't come home from school (Belton, MO) on May 4, 2007. She's only 17 years old, same age as my daughter...and when she didn't come home, authorities didn't do much.

She didn't live in the wealthy side of town, so why should we be alarmed, she probably ran away, right? In fact, despite a phone call home that morning from school indicating she needed clean work clothes for that afternoon, everyone assumed she' just taken off. How frustrated her mom & dad must be!

So...., I can do this for Kara, ...my daughter's been to the rally, passed out fliers here in Lee's Summit (only 15 minutes from Belton) and tagged "help find Kara" on her car. I think being 17 years old as well, she's unsettled about all this; we all should be! So...just look at the face and keep it at the back of your mind, you never know. And of course prayer.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

How frustrating indeed for her parents that everyone's just assuming she took off. Her parents are going through every parents' worst fear. She & her family are in my prayers. Her face is in my mind, just in case she's in Texas. Please keep us updated.

In other news, I'm glad it wasn't the margies talking! I really adore your blog too. :)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oh man...I hate hearing of things like this. Got my eyes open.

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Praying for her safe return.

So sad and scary.

Jane, P&B Girls

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

D said it all - it's every parent's worst nightmare. We are praying for her safe return!

Cat said...

Hello from Florida!

I pray daily for Kara's safe return, I can't even imagine what her parents feel. This hits so close to home. Having someone from your area disappear like that. Makes me want to keep my kids safe with me all the time.

Anonymous said...

now aday lot of people just missing without reason...very scarry...