Jun 11, 2007

Kelly Day Today

My friend Kelly is coming down today! Yay! I'm very excited! I usually go north to my hometown, so nobody comes my way, they don't have time to miss me before I come up again. I try and get up there every six weeks or so to visit the cemetery where my father and sister are. And of course Dunkin Donuts. When I begin to plan another day trip, I call Kelly first. We all have a Kelly in our lives, how would we ever do life without one? She's the friend I call when I need a listener. She listens and doesn't inadvertantly turn the conversation to what's happening to her. Unless it really is relative! She listens. Imagine that! And she thumps me on the head--all the time. I need those thumps, they wake me up.

These past few years I've been aware of how I listen. Because I know when I needed to sound off when I was hurting it hurt to suddenly find myself listening to them. I'm aware that when a friend calls to talk about a problem, they've entrusted me to HEAR them. There will be plenty of time down the road for reciprocation. It doesn't come naturally to me, it's a conscious effort.
Yes ....I'm happy my Kelly will be heading my way. We'll visit, thrift shop, thrift shop, thrift shop, visit, and dine. Guess it's a good thing she doesn't live too close--we'd never get anything done! Well thrift shopping...

4 Comments:

Cat said...

Tell Kelly Hello for me, and you guys go and have a Great time. I know you invited me along, but I think you guys should just have YOUR time, without me. you can talk and listen to each other better that way.

I will get with you one day this week okay?
Love ya girl!
XOXO
oh and remember to call me if you see something GREAT! lol

Cat said...

Don't sweat it girl, I am just sorry Chicken thrower threw such a fit!! I mean, gah, I didn't even taste the stuff on it. and believe me! I would of known. YUCK!!!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Sounds like a great time! Aren't girlfriends *the best*?? Have fun!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Hope you guys had fun today. Did you find anything good while thrifting??