May 19, 2007

It's Saturday FINALLY!

Oh this is gonna be a busy fun fun weekend! This morning, I slept until ten o'clock! Can you even imagine? It was heaven (and yes, Cat, that was why John said I was unavailable when you called...you woke me!).


But...I had to get up anyway, because while the cake was prepared last night, I needed to get the Jell-O poured into the little holes--I am making Cat's husband, Jeff, a Cherry Jell-O Poke Cake for his birthday. We're heading over there this afternoon to BBQ with them and blow out the candles. Cat, I'm so glad you're not sick anymore--did you ever figure out exactly what you had? I was a little worried there.

Back up a few hours. Yesterday I had the chance to keep my great-nephew for the day. He's a sweetheart of a little guy. We went to the park and played on the equipment, visited a waterfall/butterfly garden and I offered to take him to McDonald's. But he declined. Why? He wanted to get back home quickly because he wanted to do this:

Here sit's little Jax, watching The Incredibles in Alex's room, snug as a bug and happy as a lark! Too funny.

Tonight after the BBQ I am making two pans of lasagna to take to church; we're having a lunch there following the sermon. The sermon is going to touch on the gifts we all have, how we can best use them. I can't wait, I'm ready to dive in! I love that little church more and more each day.

That's about it, a few graduation parties to drop in on, a few chores to finish here. I'll talk to all y'all on Monday! xoxo

2 Comments:

Cat said...

MMMmm get that cake over here girl!

LOL I figured I was waking you up. lol

As for my sickness, well you know, Too Much Wine will do that to a girl. LOL (HA I beat ya too it!)

I am So looking forward to Church tomorrow, I feel like it has been FOREVER, and I only missed 1 sunday!

see ya soon!

Katie said...

I haven't had a poke cake in years, I'll have to make one this weekend. I hope you have a good one!