Apr 18, 2007

Edit:

I need to get this off my chest this morning after listening to radio/news (I really need to give up that addiction!). It was NOT the gun that killed, it was the disturbed student (I'm all about making mental illness issues part of background checks, sans the details) who did this. If one of those teachers had a C/W, imagine how differently this could have turned out. I don't know--it's a horrible thing that's happened and it's spilling over into our own schools here in Lee's Summit. One of the three high schools received threats yesterday, just like several across the US. I passionately believe in the call to stop blaming. What difference it would make it we all fall to our knees in prayer. And love everyone enough. And reach out to everyone in our paths. That has to be our answer.

Somebody pretty amazing once said:

Love 1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Second official Etsy sale! Smiling! It was a custom order, I think it turned out splendidly if I do say so myself (and I do).







So far the donations have just poured in for Heather; she's overwhelmed. All thanks goes to God, He heard our prayers, he answered our need. We need to keep on praying for a complete healing, this can be done!

Of late, I've been living in my sewing room, which is time spent with a smile. I had gone to our women's ministry meeting Tuesday and I think we've really gotten our groove with this new women's group! It's shaping up to be an amazing year of friendship, study and let us never ever forget bunco! Whenever I spent time with my church family, no matter what I'm doing there I always come away feeling part of a great big amazing family that I do so adore!

Yesterday morning was nursing home day, acoompanied by my friend, Sheila. I brought Mr. John his pictures Cody and I took with him when we last brought him cheeseburgers and fries. He has put in his request for bigger pictures with frames, I think he liked them, what do you think? If I could possibly do it, I'd bring that little man home with me and just love on him all day long--he brightens my day.

Then I drove over to Velma's house (she's my other who visits the nursing home) because her back was hurting and she just needed a friend. But turns out after an hour of back and forth sharing and laughing, I think I did too! I know this is about as boring as a post gets, friends. But I mostly love my life and this really is what it is! The ups and the downs. It's all about the people that love me that I love!

I'm missing my friends up north again--I'm getting the itch to drive up and visit, eat lunch, catch up. Next time I do I'll be sure and post my Dunkin Donuts pictures as well!

http://www.topmomma.com/mommas/referal/650

4 Comments:

Cat said...

I wanna go with you someday to meet Mr. John. he just looks like the sweet lil man.
OHHH hey, Next Thursday my mom is having a tea at her house for all her lil ladies where they live, and I am going to do a small silpada display you wanna come? (for support? lol)

Cat said...

Okay just read your Edit! and I totally agree! This reminds me of that song Nickelback has "If everyone cared" I love that song!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Dang, Stacey!! What don't you do?!? You're like the regular Proverbs 31 woman...{awe}

Betty Jo said...

WOW! You are so creative. That little outfit is gorgeous. Per your comment on my blog. I too am all about the photo, but I design the scrap kits for income. I would love nothing better than to spend all my time out with my camera. The photo here of you and the friend you visit is awesome. How fortunate he is to have you in his dear life. xoxo