Apr 9, 2007


It was a good weekend. I finished the tote my friend's little girl wanted, I think she'll like it. When she saw this fabric, she chose it right away. Next need to make one with flowers for my niece Sarah. She lives too far away to pick the actual fabric, but when I last spoke to her on the phone, she requested flowers. As special as she is, it's going to be hard to find a fabric perfect for her but I'll try!

I'm posting some Easter pictures--we didn't go anywhere this year, John's family kind of did their own things with their kids. So I made the dinner and surprised myself. Nothing burned and nothing tasted "off"! We started the morning with Easter Bunny baskets, then went to church. Niki and Cody don't get terribly excited about the bunny and the egg hunts at home, but they do it for Alex's sake (I am certain they secretly adore posing with Santa each year --no doubt ) I think this is probably our "last year" for Alex, I'm going to miss the letters, treats, all of the traditions that although I know don't represent the day for what it truly means, has been part of our lives for over 17 years. This year, Alex made a nightlight out of a box for the bunny. He cut out a chicken silhouette he drew, we backed it with tissue and put one of his low voltage lights from his room behind it....it was darling. And Alex was proud.

Cat, my blogging friend turned real life friend, and her three very handsome boys met us at church! I was so happy about that, she got to meet people I've been telling her about, and they finally got to meet my newest friend! Everyone really liked her, she's a sweet soul. How great it would be if they came every week? We'll just get her on a committee or something and then she has to be there, lol! Can't wait for her husband to get back from his travels, haven't met him yet. Our youngest boys hit it off, as you can see from the picture, hunting eggs after the service. Cat and I are no fools, we sent my husband out with the camera and stayed inside with most of the moms! All in all it was a quiet Easter but a good one. Could have been warmer, I had to scrap my new outfit I bought with the excuse of wearing it to church on Easter. But....I purchased things I'll wear again and again all year.



Here we are FINALLY sitting down to dinner...this is the family I love and treasure so much:



3 Comments:

Cat said...

Girl, you know I am coming back!!
I just love your family! I am thrilled the boys got along so well. I think I see some AWESOME Pool parties and Bar-B-Q's in our Future!!!

Betty Jo said...

So glad you had such an enjoyable Easter. Your meal looks wonderful. Glad your new friend could make it over. xoxo

Betty Jo said...

I meant to say your tote is awesome. Hope you find just the right floral material for the next one. xoxo