Jan 6, 2009

Ten Days 'Til GiGi Time! And Facebook Me

Thought I'd post last year's frolic just to get in the mood--JenGi (GiGi) is gonna make the big bad 3 hour trek up to Lee's Summit weekend after next. Why? Cause it's her BIRTHDAY!! I told her we'd be doing a little DDR..and she asked if that was something digiscrapping. Am I the ONLY mom on the planet who did not get a Wii Fit this year? Some of use have to work out with PS2, Dance Dance Revolution. I'm getting better, too--10% correct so far. Beat that, JenGi. Yeah, I'm challenging you.

Seem Facebook has exploded over the last couple of weeks--I've gotten in touch with so many long lost faces and am truly enjoying that. Can't believe 16 years ago I didn't have a computer, didn't need one--and I was hoping I'd get a cordless phone from Dad for Christmas so I didn't have to stretch the cord from one room to the next to pull a child out of the toilet or give them a quick 'take your naps NOW' look. I got the phone. And from that point on I could do the look, pull a kid out of the toilet AND do the full throttle arms flailing point ...you know, the one that says 'Mommy means NOWWWW'.

13 Comments:

Trinity said...

facebook..facebook... add me!! trinity ling ok dear??! Add me.. hehehe

Mom Knows Everything said...

I didn't get a Wii Fit, but I did get Animal Crossing City Folk and I think I'm addicted to it now. LOL

Edwards Family said...

you crack me up!!

16 years ago what was I asking for....

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Oh. Good. Grief! We're going to have to take some more pics to replace that HORRIBLE picture!

Can't wait!!!

StarSraps said...

ooh...oooh...I got a WiiFit AND an Animal Crossing...and I am addicted to both...LOL! Your braver than me though...Dance Revolution..Phew...Just the big words are enough to make me sweat!! Hope this finds you doing very well! {{{HUGS}}}

Sharon Sews said...

Sob! I'm jealous! I want to come and play DDR - and no I didn't get a WiFit. I'm still waiting to get PS2 and DDR! Gotta warn you though, challenge me and you'll discover a dancing fool...or rather a hula skirtin roller coastin tiara wearin sister :-)

Katie said...

We got the kids a Wii, but no WiiFit for me. It's not like I'd ever get a chance to use it anyway. And cordless phones? Remember when they were the size of a brick? WIth a two foot long antenna? Yeah, the good old days.

D... said...

You are not alone. No WiiFit here. Bubba's Sis & I have a deal. Whoever finds it first grabs one for the other also.

Isn't technology crazy? I just can't imagine not being able to stay in touch electronically now. Or making all the friends I have. &hearts:

Enjoy your weekend with JenGi! I sure wish Bubba's Sis & I could join ya'll!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Oh how much fun we'd have if D... and I came up and joined ya'll! We could DDR our hineys off! I'd bring tiaras for everyone - it would be FAB! :-)

Jim and Jami said...

No WiiFit here either....love facebook I have contacted many friends that I had lost contact with.

Misty DawnS said...

I've never even SEEN a Wii Fit! And, what the hay is this Animal Crossing everyone speaks of? Yeah, I see LOTS of animals cross in front of me every day, but I'm thinking that's not what they are referring to... idk

Angela Williams Duea said...

I am so out of it. I'm with Misty! No Wii, no animal crossings. I am afraid of getting involved with twitter or facebook because I can't afford to spend anymore time on the computer than I already do! :)

I did know what DDR was, though. Have a great time with JenGi!

Anonymous said...

I've been on facebook for a while - one for blogging friends and one for real life friends. Just the other day an old boyfriend found me after 20 years. How in the world? Spooky!