Sep 5, 2008

Missouri Casual

I've been in the market for a gently used new-to-me sofa for the upstairs living room and/or a sectional for the downstairs room. I love Craigslist and have been going back and forth all day with sellers. I even treked out far enough into Kansas to possibly hit Colorado with Alex...only to find she changed her mind, she wants me to get it out tonight or forget it. Not having a truck, I forgot it. It's okay, I've got a visit with a cream colored microsuede sectional tomorrow (cross fingers).

But in checking on some other possibilities this evening, I came across a $400 metal birdcage. I really wanted to know what a $400 birdcage looks like...so I clicked. I can't take my eyes off the ohmygoshimgladthisisntmyneighborbeautiful birdcage!


Pants apprently not included. Nor necessary! Hey this is Missouri, after all.
*don't forget to say something on yesterday's post if you want to win the Amazon gift card!

10 Comments:

Katie said...

Ummmm, maybe it's not actually a birdcage...

Stacey said...

Ohhh gosh I didn't think about that! Ewwww!

D... said...

LOL! Some people have no shame anymore. I'm just thankful she at least thought a shirt was necessary!

Crossing fingers for your microsuede sectional.

Edwards Family said...

Uh, Stacey, did you get my permission to print my picture in your blog?? I don't think so!!!! :~)I was busy, give me a break! :)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Hmm...exactly what does one keep in such a birdcage? A vulture maybe? Obviously something big. It ate her pants.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

ROFLOL!! And the song that you posted is seriously CRACKING me up!

Mom Knows Everything said...

That looks more like a shark cage. LOL

Kelly Lock said...

I think she keeps her children in it; it's a child cage, the kind we in Missouri who don't wear pants in public put in the back bedroom, with the aluminum foil and not curtains on the window. Then, when we have a binge weekend and a lot of men "to see" we lock the kids in it so they are safe. We don't want them gettin' out and gettin' in trouble while we are gone after all! They told us the last time DFS was in that if "it" happened again, the kids would be gone, so the cage was the perfect answer....of course on Monday when the kids don't show up for school and the social worker from school goes out to check on them, the kids will still be locked up because ol' momma forgot to come home and let them out. It'll take a few days, but the cops will go and see why the kids aren't in school and hopefully by then, the kids have either picked the lock or momma has gotten home, but either way, they will have missed so much school for the week, they just decide to stay home for the rest of the week...
Ooo, I do have a mean streak, don't I!! But this photo is SO Missouri and, well, so is the scenario, sadly enough!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Maybe I should buy it for the local school district so they don't take up valuable closet space next time they want to lock up an autistic child? Not that I'm bitter or anything. ;]

Why did you list this as a "possibility?" What are you um, "possibly" gonna do with it? And while you're shopping with this character, a word of advice ... don't buy couches from people who don't wear pants. Just... don't.

*barf*

jennyonthespot said...

Oh my word... some folk... some folk... I don't know why I am surprised, but I am!