Sep 4, 2008

I've Got A Giftcard and I'm Not Keeping It!

I've been in a blogging slump like no other. It's not because I can't think of anything to say, I've got gads of things to tell you. It's not even that I don't have time, that's a cop out, too. It's more I don't even know HOW to pull all the little rubberbands stretched from one end of my life to the other together into a nice neat little ball. So how could I write about them? A dear friend emailed me today, and it's not so much the subject of the email that got to me, but more what she said in the end. She missed me.

I wrote her back and told her I was feeling overwhelmed with the digiscrapping, homeschooling and just being scattered. And I told her I had just the night previous been praying about this, because I have come to a crossroads. Let JameeForever go or consolidate the digi with the blog, because I can't do both effectively anymore. The digi is starting to take off, I'm not willing to let it go. So how would I even begin to consolidate the two very different blogs? I don't really know! In a very down moment, I prayed about this last night. I prayed, I listened. And I even had my goodbye post written in my head, had a list of the best 80s music to send me off into the sunset, a photo montage, a fun recipe to share, the works. Okay, no recipe, you know me better than that! But it was so real in my head I had tears in my eyes. This would be my great exit, music, pictures, stories of my best blogging moments, the amazing friends I've collected...and then I got the email and something in those words reached out and kicked me into gear!

I'm NOT done. I DO have time. And I would miss all y'all like no other if I didn't meddle inkeep up with your lives. So I got to thinking--what would be a great way to tell you I love you and I'm hanging around? Pictures? Maybe. A piece of Stacey gossip? Later. For sure, I have some. Details about my fab Tab bottles I bought off Ebay (thanks Steph)? Tempting, I know. But no, I really think I know y'all better than that. You love me so much that the ONLY think you want from me is..........a $20 gift card to Amazon.com baby. That's right. I'm bribing you to forgive my loser-blogger-status just one more time. Just tell me you want in, I'll do the random numba deal Monday. I've got pictures, stories, updates and a few Palin makes the world go round thoughts. No worries, they're all up here (knocking on head).

15 Comments:

Katie said...

There is Stacey gossip that you haven't shared with us yet/ Are you holdin' out on us girl?

Mom Knows Everything said...

What do I want? Hmmm...I love recipes, your quirky stories and I really really want to see those bottles. Never seen one before, just cans.

Basically I just want you to be you Stacey, we love ya!

Anonymous said...

You can still hang out and just post once a week or so. Heck MadMad often goes two weeks without posting and her readers are still there.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog a couple of weeks ago, and I am so glad I did. I've enjoyed reading. Keep it up! :)

Edwards Family said...

I just went and bought a matching toga and you want to leave? You need an escape from your many hats...so use your blog to escape!! :~)

Besides, I just added you to my favorites and I have no idea how to take it off, so you have to stay-:~)

Blessings-
Jen

D... said...

You don't have to bribe me. I'll always come back. I have missed you too and am glad you aren't totally giving up JameeForever. I'd be lost without some Stacey Gossip and pictures. Lost, I tell ya!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Missed ya too. Wondered if everything were ok. :[

Libzsonshine said...

It's amazing how the daily details of other's lives just absolutely fancinate us, eh? Hang in there...I think you got a strong following!!

Angela Williams Duea said...

I'm so glad you're sticking with us - even if you're not blogging all the time. I would miss you!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Oh, Stacey-Girl, I have missed you so much! I'm glad you're back because what would I do without you? I wuv you!

Anonymous said...

When are you gonna GET it? We love you just teh way you are. You don't need to bribe us. You don't need to blog every day. You just need to be HAPPY :) We want our stacey HA P P YYYYY. :)

Keep the gift card - go buy yourself something fun - something that makes YOU smile. mmkay?

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Thank goodness! You really had me worried there for a sec!

Also, thank you so much for your SWEET comment on my post before last. It actually made me tear up, you sweetie, you.

heidi @ ggip said...

This is my first visit to your blog. I came her via the Blogherads thingey. But you have a very funny blog. I hope you are able to find time to do the things you like.

Anonymous said...

Something!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! No, I am going to say more then something!

I miss hearing from you. But I understand ALL to well about life getting in the way of blogging. I will keep checking in on you when you find the time to blog. :o)