Jul 28, 2008

Etiquette Is NOT A Bad Word!


Tamy, at 3 Sides of Crazy, has this great meme going, The Revival of Common Courtesy. It really really intrigued me--in a world where too often we think of how we feel, what we want, when we please, this is just the ticket!

Anyway, on her blog, she asks what we do to make our guests feel more at home. She really covered some of the bigger bases, so it's kind of difficult to be original. I'm not really a great hostess, really, it doesn't come naturally. But I'd have to say the ONE thing I do make priority when I have guests is I absolutely put them as priority...if you're at my home, you've got my full attention. It's lame, but it's what I do best--I can definitely hold a conversation with anyone, including your doorknob. Really! I can!

Head over to Tammy's if you want to link up.

10 Comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Thanks Stacey for participating. You are obviously a great hostess. Being gracious and giving your full attention to your guests is paramount to the epitome of being that great hostess.

Sandi McBride said...

Well you hit the nail on the head, Stacey...that's essentially making them feel at home...and never letting the coffee or tea cup get empty!
Sandi

Sharon Sews said...

I seriously doubt your statement "...I'm not really a great hostess, it doesn't come naturally". You may not see your gift but the rest of do. Honey, you're a great hostess just through the internet, I can only imagine how gracious you are in person! xo, sharon (and of course I do still hope to find out one of the days...)

D... said...

Sounds to me like you are a great hostess!

I never host anything at my house. That would require me to clean. ;) Really, I never have confidence for hosting anyway.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I am really big on manners! If kids don't day please they don't get it in my house.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I like my house to feel comfortable to guests - not where they feel like they can't touch anything or relax. Just a warm and friendly atmosphere is what I try to give my guests.

Wanna come over?

Jim and Jami said...

I come across people everyday that need a little reminder.....being in the food service industry some patrons kind of forget.....I am going to check it out over at Tamy's.....new pics of the pups over at the Circus.....PS

D... said...

I gave you an award on my blog. You already have it, I'm sure but I wanted to spread my love to you.

Barbara said...

Your attention and consideration is the most important thing, so I don't see how you could not be a good hostess.

ConservaChick said...

"--I can definitely hold a conversation with anyone, including your doorknob. Really! I can!"

Me too. I'm a talker. It's a compulsion really.