Jun 3, 2008

I'm Still Breathing


Okay I was taking the pictures ^^, working on a new profile for my digi Etsy (same day I took the ones below with Alex) and decided upon looking at 'em I was too pale. It's summertime, I need me a tan. I tan easily, shouldn't be a problem to get one in a week or so. So....we have a neighborhood pool, my bff Pam lives in the hood, we'll take the boys up and we'll try to get something. It was a little overcast, but warm. I even swam (I'm a child, I can't just lay there, I have to dive in and do my flips and stuff). So after an hour, when it was time to go home, I was disappointed when I stepped into the shower to find it didn't look like I'd gotten much sun.



And a few hour later...ewww! But you can clearly see I wore my shades (is my skin really THA yellow?!).



Later that night, John had his first church men's ballgame. Alex too the pictures, so this is the best one I have. But you can still see he's adorable in his little ballcap! He got on base his first hit, he even scored a run. And pulled something in his leg. So Thursday, not so sure he'll be playing...will keep you updated. My sinuses are quite clear, however, the Ben Gay overdose I'm getting each night is ensuring that much, lol.





Tonight--my dear friend, Celia, has invited me to join in at Legacy (where Cody guards now) for a water aerobics class. I'm doing it! Cody's actually sad he won't be there to guard it, I dropped him off at church today for his Georgia Student Life Mission trip. I'm going to miss him, he's one of the most amazingly honest examples of living as Jesus. I cannot take an ounce of credit for that, no more than I can take all the blame for the way our daughter is living at the moment. But I am proud of him nonetheless. I gave him my camera to take along, so no pictures of this week's ballgame. I'll definitely find time to poke serious fun of brag about John's ballgame accomplishments, should he play.


I'm off to the sewing room....I haven't been down there in months, but this is a good day to get my new bag made up...and maybe some pj bottoms for Alex. I was supposed meet halfway and have lunch with my bff JenGi, but she's busy holding a thermometer to the lit end of a cigarrette (not hers).


My bff, Kelly, from St. Joseph, is coming down Friday (the beautiful blonde in the middle). I cannot wait! Haven't seen her in ages (new fiances will do that). We're doing the Lee's Summit Downtown Days for a few hours, maybe some swimming. I miss her terribly, I have so much to catch up with. Shoot! No camera, I just realized this! Not.good. I'll somehow find a way to get camera phone photos for you. I can do this, I think I can I think I can.......how long does camera withdrawal last anyway?

Posted by Picasa

14 Comments:

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Oh man...your sunburn makes me hurt!

K, off to take pictures of me burning up with a fever... :-D

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I think of you and Niki often. You're right; you do the best you can and that's where God's grace has to kick in or we're done for. :]

I'm concerned about melanoma but don't want to put a damper on your summer tan. (Otherwise, why not?) My 14-y-o has had several moles removed and the dermatologist has seen skin cancer on children as young as SIX.

PS I don't hear any music. You ok or is my computer bust-o?

Mom Knows Everything said...

Ouch!!! That burn looks like it hurts like a bugger.

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

One word. Sunscreen.

It is one word, right? That whole compound word thing has always bumfuzzled me! Whatever. Just promise me that you will use sunscreen next time, tan or no tan. I can't have my little buddy walking around with skin the color of a monkey's butt!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's some serious sunburn there, lady. There's SUNSCREEN, ya know. LOL

Love the pic of John though :D

I'm so so so glad you're getting out and having some fun! I wish I had close enough friends to hang out with!

Hugs & miss you!

D... said...

Ouch! That sunburn looks painful. :(

I'm very happy you are still breathing. Check in with us after the water aerobics so we know you are continuing to do so. ;) JK!

Enjoy Friday with Kelly. That IS a bummer about the camera. And don't miss Cody too terribly much! ♥

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Youch on that sunburn! That always happens to me, too - I think I'm getting NOTHING then a few hours later I look like a lobster. You can have fun peeling that in about a week, huh?

Glad you are still alive out there in Missouri - I think of you every day, honey, and you are always in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

That sunburn does look painful. I use to never burn, but I do now. I have gone the sunscreen way. I miss the days of laying out, but what can you do?

I am so glad you friend is coming down for a vist. Nothing like an old, true, best friend to make life so much sweeter.

Take care, my friend. Keep smiling and know God is holding you tight.

XOXOXO

Angela Williams Duea said...

Ow! That's some sunburn.

That you for reminding all us mom of teens that if they are doing great things, we can take as much credit as when they're doing not-so-great things. I need to remember that every day.

Have lots of fun this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Would ya like me to bring some sunscreen on Friday? :)

See you in a couple of days. I'll bring my camera--I have a digital now, so I can take photos and email them to you when I get home.

Stacey said...

Oooh! I'm calling you tomorrow, Kel, if it's nice, bring your swimming trunks. We'll swim!! xoxoxo

Can.not.wait!

Unknown said...

That burn! OUCHIE! Your bff is very pretty. I like guys in hats playing baseball; they're so cute :)

StarSraps said...

OWWW....I am in pain now...it's sympathy pains for you for sure! Break out the Aloe Vera gel! Big Hugs (very very gently...LOL)

Kim said...

OUCH!!!!! Looks like it hurts. Burned the tops of my feet at Sam's soccer game a few weeks ago but luckily it didn't hurt to bad. Mainly at night.

Hope that your visit was wonderful!