May 24, 2008

Zoooooooooooooo

Gosh the days just seem to fly by lately! I'd better get the zoo pictures up before Alex starts driving! In NO particular order.

Here we've just arrived in Omaha--have to say John did a much better job finding a hotel than the last time. I'm sure my friend, Debbie, will agree that this is much nicer than the icky icky hotel room we shared in Columbia! John got a suite almost identical to the one we got five years ago when we took the kids to Disneyland. Can you tell Alex is happy to be out of the car?


This is the end of the zoo day and we're in the fantastic jungle building...the waterfalls were very cool. The air? Not so much, they kept the weather...well, jungle-ish. But still very impressive.+
Of course he had to sit on the gorilla--it was almost calling his name!
John shaving before the zoo. You're welcome, honey.
A little more of Alex's tour of the hotel--this was his 'room'--the pullout couch.

The first place we went into was the desert dome--I think we wound around that giant dome building for over an hour--the basement had an incredible area where they kept the gators--we walked around in the dark on plankboard, praying one didn't jump up and grab a foot for lunch. And vampire bats, we saw vampire bats feeding on blood. That was my favorite part of the day!

After a long long day, the boys are down for a movie. Alex is hanging out with his new penguin buddy. THAT was very fun, the penguin area. We saw something similar at Sea World, so I was very surprised to see it in a regular old zoo! At the end of the penguin feature you can sit in a glass dome that makes it appear as if you're in the water with the penguins. You had to wait a little bit for your kids' turn to climb in for the photo op--to the lady who mistakenly thought her five children were ahead of Alex--you're still wrong, Alex was next. If you were nicer about it, I'd have let you go ahead of us, I really would have! But, sigh, you were a meanie mommy, and I don't like meanie mommies at the tail end of a very long day at the zoo. So...yeah.

On the road again.....I seriously could move to Omaha. It's one very cool city. Who knew?!



Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
It looks like so much fun. What a beautiful family you have. I love the one where Alex is laying with his penguin. Too cute.

As for the meanie mommy, I think I have met her too. Glad you stood your ground. Grrr

I just love it when you show pictures. I have never, ever been to Omaha, but it really sounds like a great place. I love zoos that are funny, with extra special exhibits. That sounds exactly how this one was.

Love you.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Your son is a hoot! Love the pics!

Katie said...

Oh yeah, the vampire bats! Sure would have been my favourite part of the zoo too ;-)

Great pics Stacey, looks like you guys had fun!

D... said...

That looks like a wonderful getaway for ya'll! I loved the pics. My fav is of Alex giving the tour of 'his room'. He is so your child and I love it!

Thanks for sharing ♥

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I love that big fat penguin!! What a great trip for ya'll - I'm SO glad you had a good time!! That looks like a great zoo! Little Son doesn't like zoos - says they are animal prison. What a fuddy duddy he is.

Anonymous said...

oh man, what a fun trip. My 2 youngest have never even been to a zoo, and Anthony has but wouldn't remember. :( I'm the meanie mommy, I think.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Alex is such a ham! Love it!

Misty DawnS said...

Alex absolutely cracks me up!

I wanna go to the zoo! But the dumb guy I live with says "You've seen one zoo, you've seen them all." He is such a funsucker!

Shana said...

I have been missing you! Looks like the zoo was fun!

We are planning (well, I am planning, I haven't told Josh yet...lol) on taking the boys to the Toledo Zoo in a few weeks. We haven't been in quite awhile. I think the boys are all three at good ages to enjoy all that it has to offer!

Kim said...

I have always wanted to go to the Omaha Zoo but never got the chance. Maybe one day when I'm back up visiting my parents in MO I'll take a side trip up there.

Love all the pictures that you took of your trip. You seem to be like me in that aspect. Sometimes I think the more pictures the better to remember it all. Then I jsut have to hold myself back when it comes to blogging about them.

Sorry I've been missing in action when it comes to reading my favorite blogs. I'm playing catch-up today. Please know that you and your family are always in my prayers. You have become such a great blogging friend that I hate it when I stop reading and have to play catch up. But I'm always there in prayer.

Now back to reading my blogs! :)

Cat said...

Looks like a great trip. Go you for standing up to the mean mum!

Jim and Jami said...

Okay Stacey, NOW I see where Alex gets his "take my picture" hamminess from,hehe..... he is soooo cute!


I am gonna stick you in my pocket and take you with me next time I encounter a line jumper.....I try to say something, and they just look at my 5'0-ish self and roll their eyes.....

jennyonthespot said...

What a fun trip! Makes me want to head out with the family so bad!