May 15, 2008

Pictures Of My New Mop--Oh, And My Baby Sister Too!

I had the nicest surprise happen upon my front door yesterday--my baby sister, Antoinette, was in the city and stopped in unexpected (and all the embarrassing very dirty house that goes along with that!). It's far too long and far too much water under the bridge to go into, but I haven't seen my sister in three and a half years. We only live an hour away, and over the past several months we've been emailing and a few phone calls. So three years means I've never met my two nephews, 2 and 1. She brought them along, her daughter is in school. I don't have her permission to post their photos, but if she gives it to me later, I'll show ya, they're extremely adorable.

The visit was far too short for me, hopefully she'll come again and I'll have the house better prepared (and baby proof!). I do have a few photos of us (It's very hard for me to post photos of me with NO eye makeup, but Antoinette looks beautiful, so here you go):


She was making fun of my photos on my blog, so we're posing for a blog shot up there--I don't know if she understood I'm not serious when I take those shots!


And here is where I see how ginormous my head is, I inherited my father's head. She didn't. BUT I did get the good nose, no doubt about it.

Y'all have been cracking me up with the mop comments. I really did get a mop! For Christmas too, but John broke it and bought me a replacement. What I didn't tell you (oops) is that I also got the ENTIRE series of I Love Lucy DVDs (OMGoodness I'm in heaven!) and flowers were delivered the Friday before. So don't hit him just yet, wait and see what he gets me for my birthday!




See? How happy am I? I've yet to mop anything. I will, but first I need to find the floor.

PS--I've been AWOL so much this is getting old, I know, but it really truly is going to get better. I'm taking several weeks off typing (if I even do go back, I don't know yet). That combined with school almost out, will give me plenty of time for BOTH digi and Jamee blogs.

I'll be over....and won't likely post again for a few days. John, Alex and I are going to the Omaha Zoo for some R and R...and room service and relaxation. JenGi, she'll be camping out with Ms. Aunt Bea. Have fun with that, ladies. Muahahahahahahahahah!

12 Comments:

Katie said...

Awwww Stacey that is great! (The sister not the mop) You must have been so excited- heck I'm excited for you! I'm glad you two had a good visit finally!

xoxo
Kathleen

jennyonthespot said...

I love the pics with your sis... makes me miss mine... Enjoy your break... don't mop too much!

Anonymous said...

You're BOTH beautiful, Stacey :) So glad you got to visit with her. MY baby sister is getting ready to pop! She's got 3 weeks left - can you believe it?!

I'm glad you're taking some time off. You've been working those fingers to the bone! I'm thinking you'll welcome the chance to mop LOL

Jenny86753oh9 said...

YEA!!!! I'm so glad you guys got to bond a bit. But dang, she's all pretty and everything!

Camping postponed....grrrrrr! Car died. Must sell body at neighborhood garage sale to cover the expense. It'll be a long day!

Mom Knows Everything said...

It's really nice you got to spend some time with your sister and her little ones. I have 3 sisters, 2 of them I don't see all that often, but we email regularly. The third sister I couldn't get rid of if I tried....and trust me I tried! OUCH!!! She's sitting beside me and just smacked me for that.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I'm glad you got together, Stacey. And you know, about the mop thing, I actually think that's a really great present. :] Have a good trip and see ya in a bit.

D... said...

Stacey! I am so happy that your sister just showed up out of the blue like that. What a wonderful & happy surprise. I'm sure she could not have cared less about the state of the house. I hope that was the 1st of many, many visits for ya'll.

She is just as gorgeous as you!

Stacey said...

Aww D I love your comments (on both blogs) you're so uplifting! She probably loved seeing my house so destroyed, lol. But the just as gorgeous thing, hey now, let's not go overboard here....she does read this you know. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
It was nice seeing pictures of you and your younger sister. You two are both beautiful and I'm glad you got the chance to spend time together.

Enjoy the time with your family and friends. Sounds like some R and R is needed.

XOXOX

Misty DawnS said...

A surprise visit from your sis - that's AWESOME!

I hope you have a GREAT time at the zoo - I wanna go!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you got a nice sister visit :) I was giggling because of the big head thing. I inherited my dad's big head, too. My daughter got it as well. Poor us!

Shana said...

HI! I have been MIA too, sorry! I love all of the pictures. So happy to hear that your sis and you were able to spend some time together! I will be praying for many more visits. :o)