I've been given the honor of sharing a fascinating book with you--and I jumped at the chance to be part of this blog tour. If you're an avid reader like myself and you heart fiction that doesn't forget God's hand in our lives, then you've probably heard of Tricia Goyer already. Maybe you've read some of her books, Life Interrupted, My Life
Unscripted, From Ashes to Dust, and so many more. She's got a clear grasp on hunting down historical details, adding characters that are intertwined and drenched with energy and hope, then placing those characters into a plot that's going to keep you turning pages all night long!
A Whisper of Freedom is the third book in her Spanish Civil War Series. Here, you'll catch up with Sophie's heart and her hair raising adventure right from the beginning. It's hard to imagine how heart-wrenching it it was to be caught up in the Spanish Civil War, but Tricia's attention to detail combined with her story telling talent gives us a glimpse. Not only that, here she writes far more than a book, but captures a story of faith not to be forgotten.
If you're feeling as drawn into the series as I am, you can win the entire three book series in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War Series. And in entering, you get a fun meme to post on your own blog. This meme gives you an opening to share missions and/or charities you have a heart for. Oh...and to sweeten the pot just a little, they're throwing in gourmet chocolate coins too. You know.... reading chocolate. I read better with chocolate in one hand and a book in the other!Copy the meme questions below and answer the questions, then head over to Tricia's place and let her know your meme is up. That's it! It's almost as easy as getting lost in an amazing Christian novel while popping gourmet chocolate coins into your mouth. Click HERE to grab the questions off Tricia's blog and let her know you're playing.
1. List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!)
- Update the nursing home my friend John resides in and hire employees worthy of working with the beautiful aging residents.
- Bring Gervasio to the US to study medicine.
- Pay our debts and the debts of all our friends and family (assuming it's a big chest).
2. List three charities/missions/organizations you support (and why).
- Cornerstone Church....they are my family.
- MiracleWord.net because the concept is so simple yet so incredible...read Scripture and come to know the miracle within those pages.
- Compassion International...we sponsor two beautiful children, Catherine and Gervasio.
3. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services
- I used to be a candy striper (loved loved loved the jumpers, lol)
- Visiting elderly at the nursing home.
- Church--wherever I'm told to go.
4. List three things you keep "hidden" when company comes over.
- My kids! (Okay I'm kidding, but sometimes I wish I could)
- My sewing room--it's downright dangerous if you don't know what you're doing!
- That's about it, honestly, my friends know I'm not pulled together all the time. And when I finally decided to let them see the real me, suddenly I was free to welcome my friends anytime!
5. List the last three things you've lost.
- My bank card.
- My gold nugget necklace.
- Is my mind too cliche?
- My bank card (car).
- My gold nugget necklace (where it belongs, pshh last place I look!)
- $5.00 in my jacket--love that!