Mar 11, 2008

Stacey's Biggest News This Week! (Now that I re-read the post, I really don't get out much)

Okay I have some pretty exciting news I'm itching to share! First things first, though....as I went to upload the pictures I took tonight, I realized I'm wearing the same dang shirt I seem to ALWAYS wear when I post photos. My Do Not Remove Before Flight shirt I won from Pilot adorable's John's site. Could anything I say convince you that I don't live in this shirt? I really don't!! It doesn't look good for me though, so I'm just going to end it there! But the news is too exciting to change and redo the post. Okay:

Remember my bathroom walls? The ones that look like a giant prom corsage from 1989 was thrown up against them?Wait! Two more things....I have learned: 1) I'll need brighter lighting to take a photo using the mirror to bounce the image. Because the flash isn't appealing. (sorry) HOWEVER the flash was in fact, able to pick up the toothpaste splatters from the past week all over my side of the mirror. Not gonna lie, it's my side of the bathroom. So 2) maybe clean the mirrors first.

Okay NOW! Look behind me and yes yes yes it IS what you think! A ladder and a half naked wall. I did my "John, hon, I'm going to start steaming the wallpaper from the bathroom walls this weekend because I don't think I can take it anymore" thing. I know what comes next and while an ultra feminist might be insulted, I happen to love this. John says "I'll do it, you don't know how!" I don't think it's an insult, in fact I believe I have a nice thing going on here.

^^Infamous 8X magnification mirror I have a love/hate thing going on with on the counter^^

So now that the walls are nearly bare, and the under primer is actually very close to the tan color I intend to paint it (with touches of chocolate and aqua from the bedroom somewhere here), I'm confident I'll feel free to post even more bathroom photos in the future. It's a win/win development!
Look closely in the 'water closet' which is really just a claustrophobic little cubby with a toilet, ceiling vent and magazines thrown about....(thinking of doing something whack with that room, idk) and you'll see GiGi the cat. In a second, she'll be looking at me to see if I'm watching. If I am, she'll stare back until I get bored with that. If no, then she'll balance herself over the edge by her tummy and drink half the water out of the toilet before lifting her head and sliding back to the floor.

My St. Patrick's Day mini-kit is up and ready for download at Nicoal Goes Digi Scrapping. Get on over there and grab it!

18 Comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome, Stacey! Good luck with it all!!!! :)

Sharon Sews said...

Sounds like GiGi the cat knows that you know that she knows she can sneak a drink from the big drinking bowl when you're not watching :-) I'd love to see that.

"I'll do it, you don't know how!" - is usually the response I get from my hubby too...except for the time I secretly wanted him to strip the wallpaper in the bathroom...shoot, I had to resort to tears (after a week of struggling with that darn paper) before he finished the job :-)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Nothing more exciting than a room re-do!! Congrats, girl! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures!

D... said...

Congrats on your victory! Your tip would never work for me. My hubby would say: Go for it! Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

Terence Chang said...

haha... You let your cat drinking the water from toilet?

I just now realized that you have a big bathroom....

By the way, I like your hair style. Kind of cute! ....

Misty DawnS said...

My Hubs would say "I'm glad you're doing it, because I've got way too many projects going on"

How exciting to be redoing the room! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Stacey said...

Sharon, D & Mist--I think you need lessons from the greatest slacker ever! You really have to stink at these things (or work hard to)!

Val, thank you--you're a sweetheart.

Terence...what hairstyle? Boy, it's just a clump clamped back because it was irritating me while I cleaned toilets and stuff! You've been away too long, lol. :)

Anonymous said...

Everything is looking great!

Your expressions are hilarious! LOL!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

How FUN!! I've got to see finished photos!!

I thought at first you were pregnant with this "big news" and all...! I was going to marvel at your child spacing LOL!

Anonymous said...

You're inspiring me to get going on some of my rooms that NEED to be painted!! I'll let you know if this inspiration lasts pasts this hour. :)

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Memarie Lane said...

The "fine, I'll just do it myself" thing doesn't work for me anymore. I actually had to fix my own vacuum last week.

Pamela said...

Hi Stacey: thanks for stopping by. I'll be back.

Sprittibee said...

Party on! :)

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

You're just working up to laying some laminate down south, aren't you?!

Anonymous said...

What!?!? You mean you've been tricking me into doing this stuff all these years? I would have never guessed. Oh well.

Signed,
Mr. Fooled into action.

Forever....

Angela Williams Duea said...

Aw, I didn't get a "before" picture. I wanted to see the prom corsage. I think I used to have that same wallpaper in my kitchen.

You know, I forgot to post pics of my recent hallway beautification. I'll get on that.

By the way, thanks for your beautiful comments on my "ripples" post. Feel free to quote or point folks to it.

xo Ang

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Ah man! The 80's floral is coming down? That was some great retro stuff!

I love Terrance's comment, "You let your cat drink out of the toilet?"...hee, hee...he needs to see Louie in action!

(BTW: I'm still going to counselling from what I saw through that 8x magnifiying mirror!)

Unknown said...

I love the shirt!!! :)