I've never done the Thursday Thirteen, but thought what the hay! I think I could come of with thirteen somethings. I thought it would be fun to come up with thirteen things about my childhood you may or may not already know (I know hold onto the edge of your seats, this is riveting!). Here goes:
- My family was very small. At holiday celebrations we consisted of the five of us and my grandma, my great uncle and my great aunt.
- I worked every now and then at the soda fountain in my dad's drugstore.
- When the store moved and the fountain was gone, I worked as a clerk and delivery girl in my teens.
- I was fired from the drugstore at least three times..
- You can get fired if you're busted sneaking across the street during work hours in your bathing suit and beach towel.
- I have a gold panning pan and I know how to use it!
- I walked a mile to town each week to check out the latest teen magazines..anything with Erik Estrada I bought and clipped.
- I had a borderline creepy scrapbook with Erik Estrada's life intricately chronicled for about three years.
- That Christmas we slept in the basement in sleeping bags listening to A Christmas Carol on our radios (smelling pretty darn good I must say!).
- My first boyfriend's name was Charles..
- My mother's station wagon started without a key.....so
- I drove to Charles' house (halfway across town, but it's a small town) at 14.
- My first car was an orange Ford Pinto. Better end it with that, eh.
On a completely different note, I had an amazing day at Nicoal Goes Digi Scrapping...DigiFree picked up my freebies and downloads have been going steady since. I think I'm hooked!