Feb 19, 2008

My Friend's Neph Is An American Idol (Practically...By Marriage)

And THIS is why I don't watch Idol. Luke Luke Luke...dude you done your uncle Mark proud! (Mark, Gina's hubby, was on for a second--he was one of the two men lifting him in congratulations when he made the cut...very cool for his kids)

**Oops, I realize the initial title kind of sounded like I knew the kid--I don't, it's my FRIEND's nephew, not my friend. Sorry?

I've been fortunate enough to have a dear friend in Gina for ten years. Gina (shown on the left) was my neighbor for ten years....and Elaine (middle, next to me) is her best friend. We've all three since moved from the neighborhood, but remain good friends. Gina and I attend the same church, so it's easy to keep in touch.



I'd love to tell you more about them, they taught me a lot about what friends should be to each other. But right now (are you ready for this D and B/S?) I'm blogging about Gina because her nephew will be Conetestant Number 8 on American Idol tonight!

Luke Menard, Number 8:

Even though I'm not an American Idol fan, I will be tonight. So because Gina, called and asked us to vote then fired up the computer to email us (little faith in our ability to retain information?) I'll do it! I'm sure with a face like that who cares if he can sing? he's amazingly gifted. Gina's been talking about him for years now, I finally get to hear him sing myself!

15 Comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that!

We always go over to Shea and Diane's house to watch since we don't have cable.

I'm not interested so much...ever since they kicked Mikalah off 3 years ago I said it was rigged.
http://www.mikalah-gordon.org/

We saw her recently at an American Idol concert up here...and Diane and Liz agreed that she is hot...and could sing really good. I felt vindicated!

We will vote for Luke!

Cheers.

Terence Chang said...

Stacey:

Soon you will be the super start's friends ... You will be invited to the concert, to the show ... and will be holding the sign ...

Can't wait to go home and see the contest!

Good luck to you all!

Anonymous said...

I don't watch (or vote) American Idol, but I will now. Go Luke, go!
I hope he makes it all the way!!!

Katie said...

Wow he's kinda cute! I'll have to watch him (oh I mean the show!) tonight!

david mcmahon said...

Hope he is a big success. Congratulations on your `fame'!!

D... said...

EEEEEE! How exciting! He's very cute. I'll root for him just for you & your friend (not because he's easy on the eyes, nosiree). And put my dialing finger to use for him. He hasn't had much air time so far. I hope that doesn't hurt him. :(

Anonymous said...

No he hasn't had a lot of airtime and that will probably do him in if history is any indication.

Not to be Debbie Downer but last year the best someone did that got little airtime before the 24 finalists show was 11th.

Cheers.

Stacey said...

Aww come ON guys, have a little faith here! :)

D... said...

Oh, I have tons of faith! I just hate that he hasn't had any airtime. I wish all the contestants had equal face time so that popularity doesn't factor into the initial votes. There's also a Houston girl who, after her 1st audition, we haven't seen much of either.

It's fixing to begin here. I can't wait to hear Luke's voice! And I have my phone right beside me waiting for the phone lines to open. :)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Stacey!!!!! You have an American Idol connection!! I am SOOOOOO jealous! And he is SOOOOOO ca-yoot! Yow! I think he did great tonight! Got my dialing finger going!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Crap I missed it!!!! Dang, he's kinda cute Stacey....

We talked about everything under the moon yesterday but you didn't mention you changed your header! Looks great! I'm changing mine again in March for that "get to know ya" carnival.

Misty DawnS said...

I saw it - I saw him (ain't complaining 'bout that one bit - that's for sure)! He did great! How cool!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I totally missed this! yeah, I know, my blog is gone. both of them. If I get back to blogging will have to start from scratch! ewwwww.

girl, lots going on. sorry I haven't been around. will get in touch with you soon.
love you girl.

Laura Paxton said...

So cool! I saw him last night...I like....hopefully he's still on NEXT week!!

Anonymous said...

I'll vote for Luke for anything he's involved in . . . Damn! :-) I've never watched American Idol - I just might have to now that I "know" someone on the show :-)