Jan 28, 2008

Jack-O-Lounging

It seems to me this winter has been colder than the others of recent winters gone by. And I've used the old gas fireplace more than John would like me to (it costs money blah blah blah). I took these photos of Jack the cat on a particularly biting cold night last week (John was teaching that night, so I lit it up--shhh! He doesn't need to know). Yeah, there's little Jack (short for Jack-O-Lantern) lounging in the living room, not too pleased I was interrupting his quiet time by the fire.


And when Jack had about enough of my laughing and snapping photos, he took off. He thought he was very clever when he simply up and rounded the corner only to set up camp in the kitchen! I think by the time the last photo was taken he'd pretty much given up. Sorry Jack Jack.

**I think today would be a good day to clean the fireplace doors.


Posted by Picasa

14 Comments:

Kim said...

I want to come and lounge in front of your fireplace too!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Me too!! But I'd rather hang with Louie if that's OK...

Misty DawnS said...

He's pretty. Doesn't Louie get to lie in front of the fire? Huh? Why not?

Sharon Sews said...

Cold? I hear ya. We had a taste of spring today - temps almost up to 40 - but we're headed back to subzero temps again tomorrow. And I sure am missing my gas fireplace right about now. I used to run that baby every single night - it's so warm and cozy no wonder Jack stretches out in front of it.

Jenny86753oh9 said...

I think it's time for some Louie pics...it's been too long!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

BTW: The other day I actually had someone with a blogspot url make a comment and it showed her picture icon. Maybe there's something in your comment settings??

Try that, Ms. Vain!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Ok...I think you have to add it to you gmail account settings.

Did I say Ms. Vain? Oh man, I totally meant, Mother Theresa-like!

Anonymous said...

He looks so comfy and warm!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just LOVE a good fire? And as for the doors, those things are THE HARDEST thing to keep clean in my house!! Beautiful, Stacey.

Trinity said...

wowwww... preeeettty...! Stacey, is it still cold over there? Hope you are fine! Here is rainy and sunny at the same day and many people get sick!

D... said...

Looks like the life to me! I wouldn't mind hanging out in front of your fireplace (John need not know ;) )!

Anonymous said...

Smart cat, he knows where it is at! He has the best spot in the whole house.
XOXOX

Wendy said...

You guys really are getting some serious cold out there. Brrr! It almost makes me not miss living there anymore!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

ROIDS?!?! Oh, you are so gonna get it.....