Nov 21, 2007

On Pilgrims, Tryptophan and Toys

Happy Thanksgiving
Just as they were grateful celebrating their first harvest in 1621 (I know this because I home school now hehe!), I, like the Pilgrims who settled in America, feel blessed to live in The United States of America. With all the benefits and rights that privilege comes with.
I'm grateful for the opportunity to follow Jesus. I'm grateful that I can write this blog and reach out across the world to make new friends. I'm even grateful that others have the right to say they would prefer to share their Thanksgiving meal with Hillary (seen here, possibly already tryptophan-injected and ready to serve).
I'm also grateful for choices. And for the ability to gather information to make the right choices. The shopping season is upon us, and toys are at the top of many lists. Until the toy industry is held accountable and the lead and other extremely detramental toxins are not anywhere on any toy on any store shelf, I hope you consider buying American made toys this year. I've come across a link, Toys Made In America. Check into it...you might find some unique and quality-made toys that will stand the test of time and become a family treasure!

Alright, I gotta get moving--I haven't even purchased my turkey! Does KFC do turkey? Bridget? You're the kitchen hero, do you know? By the way, I'm going to attempt her Cinnamon Crunch Bars tonight--I hope I do her proud. You'll find them over at her place. That along with about 50 other great ideas! Okay NOW I'm going. I heart grocery stores the day before Thanksgiving. After getting in from the wet and snowy parking lot. MmmMmmm...nothing better! Does HyVee deliver? Who knows this? Anyone? A Tab soda would be refreshing--where IS the Tab?????


16 Comments:

Misty DawnS said...

Ohhhhhhhh Stacey - you just made my day! You see... I never even heard of HyVee until I moved here. And no one I talk to knows of them. Because, let's face it... I don't talk to anyone unless it's online. Thanks for making me feel like I'm really not 'completely' alone out here.

Anonymous said...

HyVee - you'll have to translate for us foreigners.
Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving

Jim and Jami said...

Hi Stacey, love the post, my husband and I went to the store Sunday night after he picked me up from work, it was already a mad house.....as for Thanksgiving this year my husband and I will be going over to my parents house after I get off of work, yes work, I picked a profession where you work all holidays, I'm a Pastry Chef, so today was kind of crazy....I hope that you and your family have a safe, happy, and special day tomorrow.
gobble-gobble, Jami

P.S. About Digiscraping, I have some links on my web page....as for how I learned to do it, trial and error, I took a picture of myself and pulled it up on my photo program, then just clicked around to find out what did what. I am still learning, but it is soooo much fun. If I don't like how the picture looks I don't save it, no harm no foul. E-mail me if you have any questions. jamifleming@gmail.com

P.S.S.....I have some toy safty sites on my site check them out, I will post the American toys site also thanks, J-

Anonymous said...

What is HyVee? I've never heard of it before!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

D... said...

We have a lot to be grateful for here in the USA and our own individual lives.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure we have Tab here. I'll check when next I'm in the store.

I hope Thanksgiving treats you & yours well!

Stacey said...

Misty, you're never alone here in the big Mighty MO--I'm just a few cornfields, a horse ranch, a dairy farm, a city square and a hill down yonder!

Jami--I'll check it out, I didn't see those! Thanks!

D--you get Tab up here and I'll put in a good word for you at the...uhh, wait, I don't know people. How about you come visit this coming spring/summer and bring Tab. I'll hug you silly!

reallyniceday said...

Hey thanks for stopping to comment on my blog. Yours is quite cherry and christmas-y! I like it! And you're in Lee's Summit. We're in South KC! Have a great Holiday.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You have SNOW?

Stacey said...

BS--Haha, heck yes we had snow...had being the key word. It's still on the deck, but nothing accumulated. The first snow of the season--the day after 70 plus degrees. Figures, it is Missouri after all!

shorty said...

You are awesome!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Shorty

Stacey said...

Shorty--thanks (but I can line up about ten people in five minutes to refute that, lol). I'm STILL waiting to see your site, it won't let me. But even without seeing it, I'm quite certain you are awesome too (or at least have great taste in awsomeness!).

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

When you're done turkey-hibernating, call me. I got to tell you about my trip up there.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Memarie Lane said...

We actually saw several grocery stores open today. And you know what else was open? Starbucks! Awwww yehhhh.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a really wonderful Thanksgiving and found some turkey :)My aunt went to the store for one last night and all they had left were spareribs! I'm like a silly person up past midnight hoping to score some online black friday deals! Have a great weekend! I will be back tomorrow to check out all of those Christmasy blogs.

Trinity said...

Stacey... Marie..good luck for your contest ok!! :-D

Trinity said...

Oh forget to say: Happy Thanksgiving for the whole family! Happy busy but exciting days... it's so great that your hubs really supports your blog!

xoxoxo